Wednesday, July 24, 2013

An Unexpected Trip to The Dentist...

Y'all know how I am about my teeth.  I like them white and always would shoot for cavity free, until I got married.  Some how that all changed and I began to get cavities? Hmmm??

Anyway, yesterday I was "eating" a lollipop.  I say "eating" because really I wasn't, but apparently my tooth thought so.  I don't like to start chomping on my suckers right away.  I like to enjoy them and suck them until I just have to chew them.  I had gotten down to the gum part and still never felt anything different until minutes later.  I thought part of the sucker was stuck in my tooth.  We ate lunch at Bentons and thankfully sat next to a big mirror so mom gave me a tooth pick and I tried to "take out" the stuck sucker and had no such luck.  I could hardly wait to get home to brush my teeth and see if that helped.  Still nothing.  I never felt pain.  Just a lot of sharpness to it and some sensitivity.

Last night I wanted Kyle to look and see what he could find haha.  So he had my head all tilted back and his phone flashlight shining in LOL!  He told me it was broke.  Dentist Kyle was right.

I called first thing this morning to make me an appointment.  Turns out, not only was my tooth chipped, I had broken 1/4 of it OFF!!! That's right... OFF!  They did an X Ray to see how bad the damage was.  Thankfully it was fixable, but she did say that no doubt that tooth will end up with a root canal one day.

I really don't mind going to the dentist.  We laugh and have a good time.  When she told me it broke,  of course I asked if I swallowed it?? HAHA they laughed and said, "yea.... that part I thought was the sucker I was chewing was my tooth"!  Whoa Nelly!!

I ended up getting 2 shots and that WONDERUL Nitrogen.  I begged them to let me bring it home.  We were joking at how I could tote it around like a backpack haha... and be like... "Don't mind me.... just my nitrogen".  HAHA!! I said I could have 6 or 7 kids then.  Would be smooth sailing.

I seriously love me some Nitrogen.  It is sooooo relaxing.  I try to talk so "sanely" while constantly breathing the good stuff in.  The more sane things I try to say the crazier it gets.  I remember laying there and I would like move some fingers, then wiggle my toes.... just to make sure my mind was still doing like I wanted it to HA!  At one point I thought I felt her like twisting something and sure enough I looked up and saw this silver thing sticking out of my mouth.  Once that was in place I saw this "hot glue gun" type thing go in.  It smelt like hot glue anyway?  Of course lots of grinding, biting, and "tapping" on paper to get my bite just right.  I remember her saying tap the top and bottom together and I guess I wasn't doing it right so she said, "tap tap".  haha!!  My out of mind self knew what the "tap tap" meant hehe! 

Finally after 1 hr 10 minutes I was good to go.  All that from a sucker.  A little sanding, grinding, and numbing is all it took.  I seriously doubt I will have a sucker ANY time soon! 

Very thankful for my dentist family :)!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment