Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Swimming in the Rain, Roasting Marshmellows, & Slugs :-/

 Yesterday was a great day.  Heidi got a card in the mail from The Tisdales and she was soo excited :)!! She has been toting it around LOL!

The kiddos were having a Papa withdrawal kick, so we ate lunch with them and then the kiddos swam with Papa for a little while.  It ended up raining, so they swam in some steady sprinkles for a little bit, but got out when the heavy rain came.




 I was so proud of Karter.  He randomly asked to take his swimmies off.  I took them off and he was swimming like a champ!  I was beyond proud of him.










 
 Kman wanted to stay and watch a movie at Papa's which ends up being a nap LOL!  So while he napped, the girls and I came home and had a good visit with Aunt Becky :)!! She brought us some yummy freshly picked blueberries and other goodies from her "coupon" stash.

While the girls waited for her to get here, they sat on the couch and watched "Racing Stripes" (came in the mail yesterday from Netflix) with their 100 stuffed animals LOL! 

 Yesterday evening I was looking through party stuff and decided I had toooooo many boxes and stuff (Kyle you will be so proud), so I decided to start a burn pile.  Of course when the kiddos see fire, they think marshmellows. 
 I always get nervous with them roasting them because I am so afraid they are going to sling the stick and the marshmellow will fly off and land on someone.  Well my fear sort of came to reality.  Kman was walking by Heidi and she walked back and touched her hand to the hot marshmellow.  We immediately washed it with cool water and put an ice pack on it, but it still formed a blister :(! 
 We stayed outside until it was just about dark.  After baths and supper, I was doing a load of laundry when the bestie popped in :)!!  The kids got so excited over her being here LOL!  Once she left, Sophie basically crashed & the other two ate popcorn and watched King Kong.  Papa called to let Kman know it was on :)!!
 All of a sudden, I started to hear rain...... sure enough.... just when I thought we had the night off from rain I was wrong.  I immediately thought of the chickens because I let them stay outside overnight Sunday night, & was going to last night too.  I ended up going out in the rain to get them and just let them sleep in the laundry room.  Y'all no joke.... their food thing was FULL of slugs.  I have no clue how that happened so fast?  Of course being the #1 fan of bugs....... NOT...... It was sooo hard for me to clean it. 

 See them??? Like all over it!! It was disgusting!  The chicks liked them though. 

Anyway, I finally got them all snuggled in and settled for the night.  I have to put the gate over the bin for two reasons.  (1) They fly out.  As soon as the gate is off, they are flying to land on the edge of the top.  (2) Sissy (our cat) it just ready and waiting for a chance to have a nice snack. 
Anywho.... today is my Momma's birthday :)!!! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment