Thursday, July 18, 2013

Karter & The Cats....

PLEASE keep in mind all of these stories are true, but the cats are fine.  I keep a close watch on my children and our animals.  So before anyone leaves me another nasty comment, this is strictly MY blog and MY stories and MY life.  We do not torture our animals. The kids begged for months... maybe even a year or longer for a cat.  They are treated like royalty.... & like my mom said, she has never taken a cat to the vet.  So if you ever feel the urge to leave me a very ugly comment, at least have the courage to sign it. The caps you will see throughout are the updated version for the person that left me the unidentified & uncalled for comment.

 Karter really is such a sweet little boy.  He makes me smile and laugh so much.  A lot of the times I am laughing because he will say or do things that completely are not his normal demeanor, but it just reminds me that he is still all  boy.  Kyle LOVES hearing stories of what Karter does to the cats on almost a daily basis...... there was only one thing that happened that was REALLY bad, but he got really upset over it. He didn't realize what it would do.  Seems there is always a story.  It's like he has to do things just to see what Sissy & Lovey will do.

Okay like one day last week Heidi happened to hear 1 of the kittens meowing.  By this time Karter was inside watching the iPad and had no care in the World.  She kept following the sound and finally located her in the DRYER!!!  Thankfully he didn't crawl on top and turn it on, because he does know how to do that.  Of course Heidi freaked.  Karter laughed.  Like it bothered him NONE! 

Remember me talking about all the rain we got the first of the month? Well it was filling up EVERYTHING we had outside.  Apparently seeing all the full buckets gave Karter the idea to see if Sissy the cat could swim.  I happened to walk by the door in the kitchen and noticed she was soaking wet and trying to dry herself off.  As soon as I looked at him, I got the "I didn't do noffin'" with that little mischievous grin he has.  You know I had to get a picture of her drying herself....



 Lovey is the one that we have had the most trouble with.  She was the one that almost died, so had to really comfort her.  Then last week she started acting the same way and had a bad spot that came up on her nose.  I loaded the kids up & the cat and off to the vet we went.  What else was I going to do? I have a tender heart for anything hurting & the kids would be devastated right? Kyle being the cat lover he is..... NOT..... said, "I'll cut that thing off"..... so glad he was at work hehe. SIMPLY A JOKE!!! HE WOULD NEVER HURT THE CATS PURPOSELY. 

So we get to the Vet and she says it could be 2 things... some type of cyst growth that won't go away and is preventing her from smelling her food to eat it, causing her to be too skinny.  OR a type of fungal growth they can get and it can be treated and usually healed within 6 months.  They wanted to put her to sleep and send a sample off to see.... which would cost $150!!! Yep you saw that right.  IMMEDIATELY Kyle popped up like that tiny figure you see on T.V. that stands on your shoulder and was making faces and had like devil horns hehe..... and I knew I better not do that.  I asked if there was another option and so she "gave" us an antibiotic that cost like $51.  Long story short, Lovey is back good as new and the place on her nose is so much better.




So before Kyle left, Kman  drilled Lovey's stomach... not with the drill bit (because it was off), but with the end of the drill. It got tangled in her stomach hair and was drilling her stomach. Thankfully the actual drill bit was not on.  Just made her really sore for a few days & completely petrified Karter.  I was getting clothes together to wash and Kyle was trying to unstop the hall bathroom sink... hence the drill thing even being out.  He was letting Kman play with it (the drill.... not the drill & the cat), but never dreamed he would do that.  We heard Karter screaming & crying and could hear Lovey yelping sooo loud.... we both took off running.  Karter couldn't let the drill loose and as he kept trying to undo what he did, it just got tighter and tighter. So kyle had to do a reverse direction to free it.  Poor kitty and Kman.  It really upset him.. AND ME..... 

So I guess if we do the math.... Cats have 9 lives? That right? HA.... so that was 1 she survived, another was when she got soooo sick and we really thought she was dying, and then when I took her to the vet.  SO good news for Kyle is we are down to 6 lives left.... hehe! KIDDING!!!

Usually if he goes outside and I can't peak out the door and see him playing in the dirt or riding his bike, then I am about 99.9% sure he and the kitties are somewhere together.  He locked them in their cage several times yesterday.  I saw him grab Lovey by her tail once (I am sure Sissy is glad she is bob-tailed).  AND he colored their water purple with chalk. 





Needless to say.... the kitties seem to be pretty stinking tough to survive living at The Colquett Residence. 

1 comment:

  1. How were you not saying that to be mean? And you aren't even brave enough to leave your name? Our animals are VERY well taken care of. I do not appreciate this message at all. The drill accident was scary for us all. That's exactly what it was. An accident. Before making accusations, get the facts straight. My son is simple being a boy and does not torture the cats. Your message was not appreciated at all and please do not leave me another one. Especially without even leaving your identity?

    ReplyDelete