Monday, July 15, 2013

Funnest & Funniest Beach Trip....

 Friday Mom and I decided to take the kiddos to the beach for the day.  They have been BEGGING and the weather was soooo perfect.  We had a WONDERFUL time.  As my cousin Abby said, "y'all have a story with every trip"... she is soooo right!

We had to get gas before getting Mom, Heidi, & Karter.....


 A sweet sweet man came out of the store and gave Sophie a dollar.  He said she was just so cute.  She was so excited :)!! She bought a bug juice for her and her brother and sister :)! How nice.

 I am trying to eat healthier and all that mess... well I had some yogurt to eat on the way to moms and of course any food in Sophie's sight and she wants it.  So I thought she was eating it and just asking me for a napkin to wipe her mouth.  Ummmm.... no!! She was drawing an "S" (so she says) on my window with the yogurt.  How fun!!
 Once we got loaded up and on our way, the Helicopters happened to be fueling up in Florala.  We stopped and watched them for several minutes.  The kids loved it.  Especially Kman.  He couldn't take his eyes off. 


I had to snap this picture of Mom on the way LOL! We pulled over on a dirt road for the babies to tee tee.  No store in sight at this time.... and when they gotta go, they gotta go LOL!  So I was helping them and when I got back in the car she was cracking me up..... painting her nails baahaaa!!! (PS: I have gotten to where I just really do not like to drive... so she drove for me).
 Look at how absolutely PERFECT the water and weather were....


 I kept my phone in our bag, but would check it occasionally in case Kyle texted.  I was soooo surprised and soooo happy when my friend, Tamara, found this picture of Me & Danielle at my High School graduation.  You have no idea how good it did my heart :)!!



 OK..... I couldn't help myself.  Soph is such a "Colquett" LOL!  She will just stop in her tracks and stare at whatever she wants to.  Just like her Daddy.  I got several pictures of her just standing and watching people.  Here's one little girl.... (I accidentally cut the girl out, but her parents probably appreciated that LOL)....
 And a different little girl and her Daddy.....




 Gosh I want to go back like..... NOW!!!! HA!


 And then there were twins..... she was VERY intrigued by them....
 Beautiful Heidi...... my Angel :)!
 The Little Momma giving orders hehe......





 This still  makes me giggle.... we stayed about 5 hours.... and then the kiddos were ready to go.  So we started packing up our things and I looked down and noticed WOW.... I have on 2 different shoes.  Like really???? REALLY??? Only I would wear 2 different shoes all the way to the beach and never know.  Not to mention we had been to the gas station and such earlier. AND we were going to Ed's to eat.  So eat your heart out fellas.... I am a mixed up kind of girl LOL!  Heidi was so embarrassed.
We rode around and looked at different houses and things in Blue Mountain and Freeport before stopping at Ed's to eat in DeFuniak.  We have a hard time going to the beach and NOT stopping for an Ed's Pub Burger.  MMMMMMM....

After we ate, as always we got a milkshake.  The kids wanted a photo shoot while we waited.... ha.... so here it is....





LOVE this one of my sweet babies.... how stinking cute?
GROUP hug......

Sophie then had to do a photo shoot of me and Heidi LOL....

And then the story....... True story.... After we ate at Eds and had just left, Sophie started throwing up EVERYWHERE!!! Well  mom & I neither one can handle throw up. AT ALL!!!

I'm hitting my head on the DVD player trying to help her... I'm screaming for mom to pull over... She whips it in this mans yard in Defuniak. He was a total God sent!! He was mowing his yard and of course saw us. I jumped out to go help Sophie. I get over there, unroll & pile paper towels in her lap and RUN to the other side of the car and start throwing up everywhere. I can hear Mother gagging on the other side. So I tried to finish real fast so she could go throw up.... HAHA what a team!!

 OMG  we have laughed & laughed since then just thinking about it. The man came over there... he practically had wings, swooped Sophie (still in her seat) up... and said we were going to go wash her off.  I was thinking water hose right?? I mean why would I have thought anything else??  On the way to his house he said we would just go inside to their bathroom and rinse her off.  I was like no no.... I don't want throw up to get everywhere. He said, " honey Ii got 4 kids. 2 are twins...".... I said, " well after 3 you would think it wouldn't bother me" LOL! So inside we went and took her to the bathroom. When we walked in the house.... Really... We are all like running lol.... He still has Soph in the carseat ... He started saying, "Gran Gran we got a sick one".... Lol poor Gran Gran... She kept screaming in that screachy old lady voice, "WWHHAATTT????" She finally had to come in there to check it out herself haha.

He rinsed her all off in the shower and then said , "okay sweetie your mommy is going to come take your shirt off and rinse and change you"... Then he took the carseat outside and washed and 409'd it. TRUE ANGEL!! Like what stranger would do that??

Mom brought some more clothes (& extra pair of kmans undies hehe) to his daughter and she brought them to me. I have no clue what we would have done without him. I would have been happy with a water hose. We both kept thanking and thanking him. I tried to give him some cash, but he wouldn't take it. He said "no that's what we are supposed to do".

I have never laughed so much. We got his address :))) sending him a very nice thank you note.  And in a couple weeks we are going to my class reunion and I might drop him off a cake. 

There is no way we could have rode the rest of the way home without triple the throw up in the car.  Or worse because Heidi was gagging too.  It is rare to come across people like that. 

We finally made it home in one piece!!

No comments:

Post a Comment