Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baby Talk

I stay so wrapped up in everything else going on in life that I haven't had a single post about the baby and what all goes on with her and my body.

Sophie Lynne Colquett moves around A LOT!! Which I LOVE! It's almost a peaceful feeling when the baby moves. It's like as a mom and the only care giver to her it makes me realize that she is okay and she is gonna be okay. I am so anxious to meet her and see what she looks like. Heidi had the cutest blonde hair that stuck up everywhere... couldn't lay it down. Then I have Karter that has dark hair and it lays down. Karter has dark eyes... Heidi has blue eyes. It's actually fun... almost like a game just waiting to see the end result. What will Sophie look like?

She has hiccups at least once a day... sometimes multiple times a day. The hiccups remind me so much of Karter when he was in the womb. He also had them everyday and had them daily until he was a few months old. It's so amazing how God blesses women to be able to carry children and to be able to feel each and every movement and to know that there is LIFE growing inside. It's the most indescribable feeling. I thank God daily for allowing and blessing me with the honor of being able to be pregnant and give birth. I hurt so badly for those that can't experience it.

I also love giving birth. Everything about it is neat to me. With Heidi I was 5 days over due.... I was able to experience going into labor on my own vs with Karter I was induced 5 days early due to a severe UTI and dehydration the week before I had him. Both experiences were amazing. With each pain I knew that I was getting closer to meeting the little one. And that moment....... that moment that I just knew I am about to meet this little person.... the moment he or she came out.... oh wow... I can't describe. Words can't describe. The most amazing feeling in this World. I cried like a baby when I first met Heidi.... I cried like a baby when I first met Karter.... and I am very sure I'll do the same with Sophie. There is now this life that I am responsible for. I have been responsible for her for 9 months and now I'm responsible for her life and raising her and being the BEST mom that I can be.

We have so much to teach Sophie :) I have so many little hairbows for her and guess what... if she doesn't have hair I have a little toothpaste trick with a small bow that can go in her hair. Ask me how I know :).... had to do it with Bug! There are so many clothes for Sophie.... so many shoes.... gosh I am getting excited. I LOVE my Karter man... but little girls are so much more fun to dress. You know... Heidi had a little pearl bracelet that she wore all the time.... we hardly ever took it off. I need to get one for Sophie.

I have got to start getting things ready for her arrival. We have bought Karter a toddler bed (I am very nervous about putting him in it) and we are going to give Sophie his baby bed and move it in Heidi's room. Hopefully with Sophie being in there, that will motivate Heidi to stay in there with her to "protect" her. I bought my first thing of Dreft today. So I am ready to get the bedding washed and in the crib and go through all the clothes. She will be here oh so soon... and boy am I going to be in trouble if she is early.

You know... Kyle actually asked me the other night if I would cry if she was a boy. I told him I would cry not because she was a boy, but because I have been prepared for a girl. I'm very much a planner and to know that I have her pink stuff everywhere and her special dress to wear home, etc... I would know that I had NOTHING for him at the hospital nor at home ready. But surely after 2 ultrasounds.... she is still a girl :) And then if I decided to do the one at LBW Opp then I'll know for a third time.

Anyway.... always count your blessings! Every little blessing and every little moment. Our children are going to be gone one day and we are going to wish so badly that we had just one more day... one more day when she was 4 and snuggled up to me... one more day when he was 1 and I could rock him to sleep... Just one more!!! Every now and then it is okay to let the counters clutter, let the toys stay in the floor, sweep and mop when the kids go to sleep or on your lunch break, all the chores can wait. There is NOTHING absolutely NOTHING that is more important than all the small moments with our children. Those small moments could make HUGE memories.


2 comments:

  1. Loved the post! Makes me miss being pregnant with Landon so bad! They grow so quick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to read this! I am such a planner also,and think I have to get everything done! I am trying to relax and realize that with two it is impossible for it to be the way it was with only one... Children are great blessing that need to be cherished! Good luck with preparing for Sophie, I know you are excited! Such a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete