Tuesday, May 18, 2010

SURPRISE - It's a Baby Shower

Oh what a wonderful way to end my day. As you read in my last post we were having a girls night tonight and I was really excited about it because it had been planned for a while now. Well little did I know all my friends had something up their sleeve. I had a VERY rough night.. was sick most of the night, had to get up early with Karter because of Kyle's sun burn, had a not so good day at work, I've developed a terrible cough( and those of you that are pregnant or have had multiple pregnancies know what I'm talking about) and every time I cough I tee tee. It's bad it's really bad and I can't stand it. Then I locked my keys in my car... Amanda went and got my remote from home... guess what... DEAD... so she went back to my house and got the spare key to my car. Then I ended up having to work late... it was just one thing after the other... so I needed this soooo very badly. Besides seeing my kiddos after work this really REALLY brightened my day.

We had planned to be there (Mere's house) at 6:30. Well I came home and changed clothes.... thinking it was just a few of us hanging out.... little did I know I should have kept on my work clothes :) Well Meredith called Amanda and asked if we could pick up some fruit dip. So we went to the store and OF Course they didn't have any... so she got marshmellow dip and Meredith had some cream cheese so she whipped up some yummy dip. We got there IDK about 6:45 probably... well when I walked in... the Sophie sign was the first thing I saw... and then up jumped everyone.... SURPRISE... I was BLOWN away. I actually did not cry.... I just really needed that joy today I guess is why I didn't cry. Well we had it at Meredith and Gregg's and Gregg was down the street at a neighbors house with Kaidi. Well it came a forever more storm and Kaidi needed some gas drops..... poor Meredith had to get out in the rain and take Kaidi some drops and got soaking wet... so she changed when she got back. Here are pictures of my wonderful evening....

Meredith got a Cricut machine for Mother's Day. This was so cute to me. Amanda E did the cute diaper cake in the background.




Ashton and Meredith stayed up until 11:30 last night painting this OH SO cute rocking chair. It is absolutely adorable.





Beautiful flowers and red velvet cake balls


Top of the chair






Diapers Diapers Diapers.... Sophie needed diapers :)


Super cute gown Valerie made for Sophie


This is really neat... it goes around your wrist and you stick a diaper and wipe in it to just run in the store or wherever. Super cute and will be so handy! Thanks Kelly!!






The group again... from L-R:
Kelly, Chasity, Meredith (thanks Mere for having it at your house), Nikki, Me, Amanda W, Lindsay, Ashton, Valerie, and Amanda E

2 comments:

  1. that is a awesome Suprise and one that was needed for you ...I am glad you have friends like that..That can pick you up and lift you spirit up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate I missed it, but looks like you all had fun! Sorry your day was so bad :(

    ReplyDelete