Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

I am super tired today for some reason.... so I thought I would come home on my lunch break and do nothing but lay on the couch and blog. That is really REALLY odd of me. I'm usually putting the dishes up, sweeping, mopping, getting clothes ready for school the next day, ironing, etc.... I hardly ever "sit down" on my lunch break.... so I'm really taking advantage of it and trying to keep all the stuff I "should be" doing off my mind.

We had a wonderful weekend. Karter has still been sick :( Now he is running a low grade fever (still) and his nose and eyes are pouring. It makes me sad for him to feel so bad and to be so cranky. He's a BIG Mama's boy/Daddy's boy when he doesn't feel well... and that is okay with me.

Friday night we stayed home.... Kyle had to work late, so my dad and Yana brought the kids and I some supper over. That was really nice. We tried to stay outside most of the evening.

Saturday Kyle mowed the grass and then he, my dad, his dad, and my cousin Drew worked on our backyard. I am SOOOO happy! AS most of you know Kyle's brother asked him one day if he wanted a free lab.... of course Kyle couldn't resist (and I am just not a dog person... they are okay to look at, but I don't want them jumping on me... or rubbing their wet noses, etc on me) and ever since then my backyard has been a disaster. It honestly used to be our little oasis. We spent most all of our time out there. I had a beautiful back deck... swing, furniture, ceiling fan, VERY enjoyable... well the dog mixed with the room addition did away with that and I think I have complained ever since. SOOO my mom came up with the idea of taking down some of the fence and putting it like half way down the backyard like behind the new addition... well what a WONDERFUL idea that was and it really motivated Kyle and so the four of them did it. And I really think I am going to love it. (SMALL "commercial" hehe... while I am laying here our mail man just delivered our mail and hit our dumpster hehe.... too funny) I'll post pictures of the "new yard" soon!

Here's some pictures I found real quick on our old back year/deck. See my little green house behind the swing? That's now where our Master Bedroom is. This is Hank, Heidi, & my mom.


Saturday afternoon we went to Andalusia for Shelly Kate's party. Here are some pictures to share:







Apparently this is Heidi's new pose?!?! I don't know why... but this is the second picture I have taken of her where she has posed like this.
After we got home from the party the kiddos enjoyed playing in the dirt and making "mud pies".

Then sweet Sunday came. It was a wonderful morning. Kyle surprised me with some New Balances.... I haven't had a new pair since high school! I was way over due!! Sad thing is they didn't fit.... but at least he tried. He actually got Amanda to pick them up for him... so when I told Heidi Thank you for my gift she said "Me didn't give that to you.... Amanda did" haha! I thought it was very thoughtful. Here is the card I got from Karter man..... I found it on our way to church and of course I cried!!! I LOVE it and appreciate things like this so much (Thank you Kids World).
Here is what I got from Heidi. I loved them... but I was really hoping for something more personal that her class did like Karter's. But what she gave me is perfect :) I'm glad she likes me because I cook supper *haha*!
After church we enjoyed lunch at Ruby Tuesday in Enterprise.
Nice picture of KyKy, Heidi, Sophie and me :)!!
She looks confused here?!?! And her headband was hurting her ears... so she had it turned forward... too bad she won't wear a bow.... :(

So overall my weekend was fantastic... except for one thing. It was really hard for me to focus on my blessings and joys because I kept thinking about my friend Meredith over and over. Yesterday was not only Mother's Day but also her twins, Brayden & Kenadi's birthday. I kept thinking of how joyous she was because she was able to celebrate the day with her beautiful baby girl, Kaidi.... but also of how discouraging and depressing it was because it was Brayden and Kenadi's 3rd birthday. Normally for the past 2 years we have had Heidi's party one weekend and Mere and the twins would come to that and then the next weekend we would load up and go to B & Ks swimming party. So I couldn't get them off my mind yesterday. I've looked at life so much differently since their passing and I appreciate my time with my children that much more. Meredith was and is a Great Mom and I just wish she didn't have to face yesterday the way she had to. Like she said on her blog.... perhaps God put Mother's Day this year on B & K's birthday so that she would concentrate on the beautiful 5 month old December blessing she has.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! We missed yall Sunday at Uncle Scott's! I absolutely love the poem from Karter's school- that is so precious!

    ReplyDelete