Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

First of all THANK YOU to EVERYONE who has served in the armed forces and has fought for our country! Our country would not even almost be where it is today if it were not for each of you! THANK YOU!!!

Both kids are taking naps... we've been playing hard... so I thought I would take some time and blog :) Gives me an excuse to relax for a minute.

I LOVE long weekends!! I think all weekends need to be long ones. That would help slow up some time and maybe life wouldn't go by so fast?? Friday afternoon my dad picked the kiddos up from "school" and they went to Gantt so Kyle begged me to go fishing with him. Those of you that know me know I wouldn't be a good fishing buddy, but oh well... he kept saying he was very excited that I went. Here's a picture he took of me.... this was my 2nd and last casting of the real (isn't that "fish" lingo??)



After that cast he told me that I was getting the line all out of whack, so I decided to not try anymore or else I'd hear about it later when he was trying to fix it :) Or hear it from his dad. So I got my magazine and relaxed in my little seat and read it..... UNTIL all the flies starting swarming and I began to get very uncomfortable and hungry *haha*! Oh and it did start thundering.. so I guess that was a good excuse? We stayed out there until about 7:45... so that was pretty long. Here's a picture of Kyle and the one small fish (he told me I shouldn't have taken that picture) that he caught.



We left the pond and went to my dads to see the kiddos.... they had planned on spending the night, but I couldn't go without seeing them. {I think my font got bigger and I'm not sure why} . So we stayed over there until after 8:30 and by that time I was getting super hungry... I was happy going home and eating cereal since I could honestly eat that every meal and be just fine... but he wanted "food food" so we ordered a pizza. Yes I know.. really late to eat, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do :)! So we came home and ate a yummy pizza and watched tv.

Saturday morning I got up bright and early 6:20.... I don't know why it is that I can't sleep late when the kiddos aren't here, but when they are here I would love to!??!?! So I got on up and started washing clothes, ordered Sophie's wooden letters to go above her bed that matches Heidi's, ordered Sophie some hair pieces (the really big headbands and flowers like Mere has for Kaidi), and started working on the girls' room. About that time Kyle got up and ran to Ace and I started painting the kitchen and he started painting some doors that needed painting. Here's a before and after of the kitchen.



When the kids got here we just played and Cindy watched them (Karter took him a long nap at her house) while we finished painting and of course Heidi Leigh wanted to help paint, so I let her help me paint what she could reach. Later on Amanda came to visit... she and Heidi love to take cRaZy pictures.



Sunday we honestly did nothing but relax after church. It felt really good... I was sooo tired from doing all that Saturday... that I really needed that. Last night Jon Wesley, Leigh Ann and the girls came over and Kent grilled steaks... so we all hung out and all 3 of the girls ended up spending the night with Mimi and Spot (or Grumpy as Shelly Kate and Miley Grace call him).

So this afternoon Kyle grilled hamburgers (after he got home from fishing) and we got the little pool out and the slip n slide and they all had a ball. Karter was funny... he would get so mad at them. He wanted to sit in the pool alone and play with the water hose. Here are some pictures of the afternoon.... followed by a video.














No comments:

Post a Comment