Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Dr visit, Jace's funeral, & more



Well as you know Heidi had her well check up this morning (that's us being silly while waiting for Dr E to come in). She was caught up on shots so thankfully she didn't have to get one. She was very relieved!! She weighed 42 pounds and was 43 1/2" tall. She checked out perfectly :)!! She passed her eye test and hearing test. YAY! He did see a tube still in her left ear, but it's not in her ear drum.... he went ahead and did some kind of test on them and they were okay. So hopefully the tube will fall out on its on.

On the way home we stopped by Sonic to get some breakfast and then Walmart to get Sophie some formula and Heidi an Icee. We were probably half way home (the back way to Andalusia) and Heidi started throwing up. She threw up on her booster seat, the regular seat, and all of the carpet in the car. BBBAAARRRRRFFFF!!! I don't handle the throw up smell well! Kyle usually handles that part of parenthood *L*! BUT I had no choice but to put my big girl panties on and deal with it today. So I tried to put her in the middle seat, but the seat belt was locked and wouldn't unlock, so she ended up riding up front with me and we had to ride with the windows down because of the smell! YUCK!

Thankfully Tyler is home for the summer so I took Heidi to my dads house and she stayed there with Tyler and Grandmama, but before I left I had to scrub and clean everything. And then get to work *L*!

Well as soon and I mean AS SOON as I finished my blog last night, I walked in the kitchen and noticed Jace floating in the water... I tapped on the side, shook the bowl.... and nothing. The fish died!! And I mean it was alive when I took the picture for the blog.

So anyway.... we had to have a funeral service this afternoon for Jace.... the goldfish is now in our pet cemetery with Princess (rabbit) and the bird.

Here are pictures....

Heidi trying to dig a hole:


KyKy intervening:


ByeBye Jace :(!


And while all of that was going on, we looked over and found a dead bird. We are thinking it may have gotten electrocuted the way it was laying.


HAHA We also had a Chicken get out before Kyle got home. It got in b/w the chain link fence and the tin for it's pin. I never could figure out how to get it out so Kyle had to get it when he got home.

Sophie Lynne didn't feel good. They said she ran a low temp all day at KW... and she was very cranky. I really think it's her teeth. So after some orajel, Tylenol, and a teething tablet, she got her a good nap!


While she napped, the rest of us played outside.



Karter helped me water my flowers.... he would get a little distracted though *L*!


Mostly his sister was his distraction..... haha.... that's who he was wetting here.


And then of course he got mad. And I found an ant on him... so he was REAL mad!!!


This is what they do when MeMe gets home. I think it's so sweet and I know she loves it too. The runnnnnnnn down the hill yelling "MEME" the entire way!



Okay I found this Mother's Day paper Heidi made at church. It was in my car so I thought I would share what it says. The one on the left is the card that the kids made me and brought me in bed Sunday :)!


A Mother's Prayer

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day,
with little time to stop and pray.
For life's been anything but calm,
Since you called me to be a mom.

Running errands, matching socks,
Building dreams with building blocks.
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes,
And other stuff that children lose.

Fitting lids on bottled bugs,
Wiping tears and giving hugs.
A stack of last weeks' mail to read.
So where's the quiet time I need?

Yet when I steal a minute Lord,
Just at the sink or ironing board,
To ask the blessings of your grace,
I see them in my small one's face.

That you have blessed me all the while,
As I stop to kiss that precious smile.

*****Isn't that a very truthful and beautiful poem?

Here was my Mother's Day gift..... Kyle did good this year :)! And my mom gave me a wallet to match it :)!!



Karter man loves some Dr Pepper just like his Daddy.


Sophie thinks she has to do whatever the others are doing :)!


This was the other Sunday at my dads.....





And this was Sophie Lynne at the Dr Monday.


So anyway.... it was a pretty hectic day. Tomorrow will be too!!! I am excited, but sad at the same time because Heidi graduates tomorrow night from Pre-School. She is to me still my little tiny baby girl. I am so thankful for her and what all she has taught ME as a mom. There will probably be some tears tomorrow night. Once they start "BIG school" it's like their childhood and freedom is gone. The years will definitely fly by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment