Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Typical Night at the Colquett House

I thought I would give you all a little in sight on what it is like to be at the Colquett house on a typical evening.

If you know us at all, you know that if it is pretty outside, we are almost always NOT inside. My children love it outside and so do Kyle and I. We usually stay out until dark or almost dark and in the summer months we seem to always stay outside longer than we mean to because it is still daylight.

Well I got off work a little after 5 as usual and went and got my sweet kiddos from Kids World. We had to get gas before we got home.... I only put $70 in it today... and that got me 3/4 of a tank.

When we got home, Kyle fortunately was already home :)!! We love it when he's home on time. He worked in Elba today, so he got home fairly early. He already had the sprinkler going on the flower beds and had given Josh a long over due bath!

Here's a picture of Sophie girl checking him out....


I came on inside, changed clothes, put the clothes in the dryer that I started at lunch.... and started supper. I don't cook near like I used to... mostly because of Kyle's work schedule... or lack there of I guess. He doesn't know day to day if he'll work late or not and generally if I decide to cook, he'll work late and I won't be able to..... so I just don't cook *L*!! Which for me is fine, because I can eat cereal every meal and be happy. But I definitely make sure the kiddos are fed.

So anyway.... while the supper was in the oven, I joined the rest of the gang outside. Kyle and the kids were playing fetch with Josh.



They just light up my world.... I don't seem to get a lot of pictures of Kman smiling... but I guess that's just "his look"..... his wheels seem to ALWAYS be turning *L*!


My big girl.... *sniffles* she gets her 5 year shots in the morning and she graduates from preschool Thursday. My how time has flown by!


We all got on the trampoline too!! The kids love it when Kyle and I jump too! Plus it is really good exercise :)!

Anyway I kept coming back in to check on supper and fold 2 loads of clothes and Heidi came in to see if she could put on her swimsuits and play in the sprinkler.... of course I didn't mind. It was a beautiful afternoon!

She hung her cover up on the mini flag pole *L*!


She had a blast! Karter really wasn't all about it. Amanda came over and ate supper with us and he would only do it if she held his hand *L*!!

Real boys can play with pink *haha*!





And Soph just does whatever and takes it allllllll in.


Josh even thought it looked fun and had to get in on it.






After supper, Kyle cleaned the kitchen and Me, Amanda, Meme, and the kiddos rode the golf cart around.... and then Amanda, the kids, and I rode it to her house to feed Cowboy (her dog). My children love to go to Amanda's house. Mostly for the Dora snacks *LOL*..... just kidding.

So anyway.... by the time we came back home it was getting dark, so the girls and I came inside and they got a bath. Kyle was cleaning out his work van, so little man stayed out with him. I finish loading the dishwasher and started it. I still have 2 bottles to wash *L*!! I will be so glad when we have no more bottles to wash!! Two years of washing Dr Brown bottles has gotten to us.

Once everyone was clean, we did the medicine thing and then I rocked Karter and Sophie to sleep (at the same time of course) and then gave Soph her breathing treatment. It seems to work better when she is asleep. Anyway.... I rock them for a while longer and then lay them down.

Now I am rocking with Heidi, blogging, and we are watching a Disney Movie that came in the mail today with Netflix.

HAHA And I have forgotten to mention that we have another new member of the family.... a goldfish named, Jace. Heidi brought Jace home Saturday night from the Carnival Party.
I'm not real sure why she named her Jace!?!?!?!? But whatever she wants! That's bread crumbs in there. I'm really surprised (s)he is still alive. Tyler's died pretty fast.... but we're going on 3 days now *L*! So we now have 3 kids, a dog, a fish, 5 chickens, and 3 ducks..... haha.... what are we thinking???? *L*!

No comments:

Post a Comment