Thursday, May 19, 2011

Such a wonderful evening....

Was it not absolutely GORGEOUS today? As you know, we are most definitely an outside family if you've ever seen one! Seems like we are only inside if it's raining, or bed time.

Babee picked the kiddos up from Kids World today. They came to see me at the bank and asked me to meet them to get a snow biz :)!! After our snack *L* Mom carried the kiddos home and I ran to T & C to get some stuff for the dance projects I'm working on.
I had told Heidi that it was hot enough for the slip n slide. They LOVED it! Kyle even put a little soap on it to make it extra slippery :)!!


HAHA Everytime Heidi came near Sophie, Sophie would grab her legs and it was driving H crazy *L*!

Soph had a ball playing in it! That reminds me... she stood up... STRAIGHT up... without holding anything on the slip in slide, trampoline, and tonight getting a bath in the sink. I don't think it'll be long and little tiny will be walking.
Kyle let the chickens and ducks get out and run for a long time... initially Karter enjoyed chasing them *L*!! And then Kyle got the idea to see if the ducks could swim yet. They can't swim until they are 6 weeks old. I didn't know this until we got ducks, but when they are winged from their mom, they do not have this protective coating that she puts on them to help them swim. Without the coating the ducks will sink. Interesting huh?

Anyway Karter noticed the water hose in the pool so of course he had to "hold" it.... Poor ducks got so agitated.... one of them even jumped slam out of the pool it was so scared.


The ducks even enjoyed the slip n slide *L*!! They LOVED drinking the water off of it for some reason. They go through 3 gallons of water a day. CRAZY huh?? Granted that is combined with the chickens.
So Kyle told us that he was going to throw one down the slip n slide. I honestly thought the duck would just slide right on down and hop up quacking.... well not so much!! Poor thing was scared to death :( Broke my heart. Pay attention to Heidi in the background *L*!

After a little while KyKy ended up coming over and the kiddos had a picnic with spaghetti and meatballs :)!! They jumped and road the golf cart.... Heidi's friend, Trey, even came over and played for a while. While they were jumping I worked on my dance projects. It was nice because the trampoline is right beside the picnic table... so I was able to be right there :)!! I got most of it done, but I'll need to finish the rest tomorrow night.

Heidi and Karter were getting a bath while I was folding 2 loads of laundry and Sophie was "Helping" me.... Kyle had walked down to his moms to get some nachos and cheese. Anyway.... Heidi started screaming (I was actually on the phone with my dad) and I thought Karter must have hit her or something... but she had tried to stand up and scraped her back on the faucet :(!! I know it hurt soooo bad and I am sure there's going to be a nice bruise. Here's a picture of it... it's to the left.
As limited as our time is with our children, we really try to make their days seem longer than they really are. I know that next year Heidi is going to have to have a bed time, but it is so hard for us to be inside when it is daylight outside. God is so good and I am so blessed to have my little family.

Sometimes it's pretty wild and crazy around our little family.... but sometimes is so calm and collected..... either way we enjoy being around one another, playing together, and we know how to have a good time. Life is all about enjoying it! I don't want my children to grow up and not have many fun/good memories of their childhood. Ours can definitely say they played outside and didn't stay inside watching television, playing nitendos, or ds'. Heidi doesn't even own a ds... and I don't know that she will anytime soon. I WANT them to be a kid and not waste their days away sitting on the couch.

But anyway.... Dance Recital is Saturday and I am beyond excited :)!! It's 10:30 and the kiddos are snoozing... so I'm about to be right there with them. I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL weekend! It's supposed to be beautiful so get out and enjoy it!

PS: I'll end it with a video of Soph enjoying the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment