Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sophie is 11 months Old



Well..... a year has almost gone by. Sophie Lynne Colquett is almost a 1 year old! It really is hard for me to believe. What a year this has been. A very hard year I might add. A lot has gone on... a lot of changes... good changes for the most part. Kyle and I had to figure all sorts of new things. Unfortunately, with his job schedule he is gone a lot. So I have been the primary care giver... and that has been a lot on me. I've tried to handle it well, but I'm sad to say I have failed many times. I've never wanted to rush my children's lives, but with Sophie almost one, things have finally started getting easier.

I think a lot of the initial "hard" part... was honestly me putting a lot of the pressure on myself... I am the type of mom that REALLY likes to spend time with my kids. I want to rock them, I want to hold them, I want to kiss them and tell them how much I love them every chance I get, and I wasn't able to do that like I would have liked to. I had 3 wonderful years with Heidi and I will always feel like I shorted Karter. I love Sophie with all my heart and sole.... please don't misunderstand me. I just had to share that love with Karter and Soph because they are only 14 months apart. Poor Kman didn't walk until he was 16 months *L*.... so I literally initially had 2 babies on completely different foods, schedules, etc. But I already can tell the sweet bond that he and Soph have. It's a bond that I can't describe.... and it's amazing to me that they already have it. I really think as the years go by, I am going to be thankful that they are as close in age as they are.

Anyway.... enough of my pitty party *L*!!! Here's little tiny on her 11 month birthday:





What Miss Soph is doing at 11months:
* Stands up a lot on her own without holding on to anything
*Wears a size 2 diaper
*Wears all ranges of clothing sizes... because different brands fit differently
*She absolutely LOVES the water... pool or bath
* She finally has a tooth.... YES JUST 1 tooth that has broke skin, but has not came all the way through.
*She would much rather have our food than baby food. This just gets hard because she doesn't have teeth, so she can't "chew" things up.
*She doesn't like the bottle anymore. She would much rather have a sippy cup.
*She still is not a huge fan of the car seat.
*She can't stand for you to leave the room.
*She still does that funny nose squinting thing and like blows out of it... it's so funny.
*She will just lay flat out in the floor and pitch a fit
*We went to the DR week before last and she weighed just over 15 lbs.
*Wears a size 2 shoe
*She LOVES to pull her hairbows/headbands out of her hair... I think it is more to aggravate me
*She is a very loving baby! Loves to give hugs and kisses.
*She "says": Mom-mah, Da-Da, bye bye, and daycare says that she says Thank You all day up there. She said it for Kyle yesterday and then she said it for me and my Grandmother.

But anyway.... that's about all I can think of to write about SLC.

After Sophie's "PHOTO SHOOT".... I had to get some snap shots of the others :)!!

My beautiful Heidi Bug....


She loves to do cheer poses....


I can't get Karter to take a picture for anything in this World I don't think....

Anyway... Heidi and Karter are staying at my dads tonight and going to stay home and swim tomorrow with Tyler. They are VERY much excited about that. I went to my cousins graduation tonight and while I was gone Kyle got called out :(!! He had to go to Georgianna and didn't get to leave until 8:15. I felt an overwhelming amount of stress taken off my shoulders when I walked in to my house and it was all clean.... clothes were folded and everything. My mom and Amanda cleaned my house :)!!! How sweet was that? I was starting to feel a little overwhelmed because I had all sorts of clothes to wash, I have to pack and pack the kids stuff and be ready to leave when I get off tomorrow. I almost started crying I felt so relieved *L*... and they took care of the kids until I got home. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful life... the best parents and friends any girl could ask for :)!!

******HEY GUESS WHAT..... in 1 month I can finally say that I have NOT BEEN PREGNANT for an ENTIRE year!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Come August, Kyle and I will be married 7 years.... of those 7 years, I have been pregnant 2 of those years and 3 months. Whoa Nelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment