Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bored??? At the Colquett House? HA!!


I thought this song fit this blog pretty well :)!! ENJOY!

So as you know, sweet Sophie has Strep Throat :(!! She is a doll though! Her eyes and nose are just really bad and crusty. She stayed with Grandmama today and she said this afternoon when she was drinking her juice that she just stopped and screamed and pointed down her throat :(!! Made me sad!! She'll stay with Grandmama tomorrow too! Tomorrow morning will be very interesting. I'll have to take each child somewhere different and somehow manage to be at work on time?!?!?!? Wonder how that will go *L*?!?!?

Anyway.... today was a good day. Most of us at work went to Robin's dads funeral. It was a beautiful funeral if there is such a thing. I guess there is when you know they are with our Savior.

Amanda took Heidi to OMS for me and then Mom got Kman and Sophie and came to our house. When I got off, I ran to the store to get Gatorade for Soph and some hamburger meat. I ACTUALLY COOKED SUPPER!!! YEP!!!! Spaghetti!! It was yummy!! The kids ate it up!!

The kids and I sat at the Dinner table and enjoyed supper. Heidi thought it was strange that we were eating as a "family" without Daddy. I told her that we would always be a family. That's when she went into the spill about Papa is my Daddy and Babee is my Mommy. Then she said Babee doesn't have any family :( Made me sad. I told her that we were her family. She has always caught on to the split family lifestyle. It never seemed to confuse her much.

After supper, I just put all the dishes in the sink and was going to tackle them later. We needed to feed the animals before it got dark. I even fed Josh and Jaycee scraps from the fridge :)! So outside we went. I put Sophie in the little car and pushed her around everywhere I went and the other 2 just walked of course. Heidi watered the animals for me... and I fed them. We ran out of dogfood tonight.... so tomorrow should be interesting. Maybe I can tote a 50lb bag of dog food.

After the animals were situated, we came in and got in the tub. Oh what fun that was! I heard Karter almost crying and saying "OOOUUCCCCHHHHH" and I looked and yep.... Sophie had Y.A.N.K.E.D. his wee-wee! She had it pulled way down!! It was hurting!! I couldn't help but laugh. He kept trying to hide "it" and she kept trying to pull it. She did it with a smile everytime!! Next thing we know... she did her nightly thing.... pooped in the tub!!! AAAGGGHHH!!!! Really Soph? Really? I told Dad & Grandmama that we have GOT to have the cleanest tub in Covington County. It gets several scrubbings a week! Anyway.... right before the kids were finished with their baths, my Dad and Grandmama came over. We had a nice visit!

I have been getting a "wiff" of something every now and then close to the stove. Well honestly, I have been afraid to look behind it because I had a good idea what it was and what was I going to do when i saw it???? So anyways.... Dad did the dirty deed for me. There was a MOUSE back there!! OMG!! GROSS!!! no wonder I smelt something! I HATE mice, spiders, roaches, BUGS, etc..... !!! Anyway.... the stove and floor behind it got a good cleaning. Thanks Dad!! Dad also washed the dishes from supper for me. So sweet!!

While Dad and Grandmama were here, I did go to the laundry room and fold the clothes I washed. Yep I even squeezed in a load of clothes!! You remember the colorful bedspread I told you about? Well I didn't mention that a blue marker apparently layed on my lovely white pants Fri-Sun.... and needless to say, the blue didn't come out. I'm going to try to soak them in Clorox and see how that will do.

Heidi also did her homework after her bath. Tonight she had to find letters in a magazine and she circled them. The letters were Ee, Ff, Gg, Hh, Ii, Jj, Kk, Ll, Mm, Nn. That was fun to her. She also had another thing she had to do with the colors Orange, Purple, and Green. We also had to do her Speech homework. She really does well when she watches your mouth move. We are currently working on "Th".... ex: Thumb, Thick, Thunder, Thin, Thick, etc.... she likes to get in a hurry and do the "f" sound. She can say the "Th" if she watches you and thinks about how to place her mouth to do it. I still try to make it fun for her because I do not want her to think she is different than the others.

Karter ended up wanting to stay with MeMe :(!!! I miss him so bad! Why doesn't he want to stay home anymore? Anyway... the girls were both completely crashed by 930 or before. Out like a light!

I got to talk to my sweet hunny this morning and this afternoon. He is getting up around 4-430 am their time because he has to be at work at 6. Well that's like 3-330 pm our time... and then when I get up in the mornings, it's the end of the day for him. It's bedtime! This time thing is so weird to me. Like it's 10pm now here and it's 12 noon on August 24th there. It's like I'm in his past... ya know?? he's in the future. It can mess with your mind for sure!

Anyway.... although we got a very good nights rest last night I felt tired all day today. SOOO I think i am about to call it a night. The purpose of this blog by the way was just to show you that I have no idea what the term "boredom" means anymore. There are no boring moments here. There aren't any down times. But that's the way it was supposed to be!! I love all the chaos... most of the time it's just organized chaos, but sometimes it isn't *L*!!

Well.... the week is already almost 1/2 over!!! WOW!!! Eating lunch tomorrow with my sweet friend, Kayla.

No comments:

Post a Comment