Sunday, August 21, 2011

Our Mini Vacation Getaway- Fairhope, AL & Sophie-sick :(

Well I got on here last night to blog and once I got the pictures uploaded, I was so sleepy I could hardly see straight *L*! So much has gone on since last Thursday.... which if any of you have hung out with us very long, I am sure you can understand why!

Kyle's cousin, Neal, got married this past Saturday in Spanish Fort, AL. The kids and I loaded up after work Friday and headed South!! We actually stayed in downtown Fairhope because it was closer to the reception. We had SOOOO much fun! It was nice to just get away for a weekend and not be cleaning, washing, etc *L*!!

I picked Heidi up from school Friday and took her to SIB with me! She enjoyed "working"! HaHa!! Mrs. Denise rewarded her with a $1!! So she was excited about that.

People said I was crazy to go alone, but hey.... they are my youngins :)!! Sometimes you do what you gotta do!! And the trip really wasn't THAT bad... haha!! Sophie and Karter started fussing about 45 minutes before we got there and then Sophie screamed about the last 30 minutes. That was pretty exhausting! We sang every nursery rhyme you can think of and went through every DVD! And I heard, "Momma when are we gonna be there? How much longer?" a million times!!! UGH!! But we FINALLY made it! We got there about 8:30 Friday night. Took a little longer than usual. Mostly because Heidi had to use the bathroom and I was "swerving" as Heidi said and slowing down because I had my arm stretched back trying to calm Little Miss down.
Kyle's mom left the rehearsal dinner and got to the hotel about 5 minutes after we did. So it was really good timing! Heidi and I were able to go get the luggage out of the car while the babies hung out in the room with MeMe.


They loved riding in the cart and absolutely LOVED staying in a hotel :)!! Kids just get so tickled staying in a hotel. Something new and different!


OMG And no lie... we hadn't been there 30 minutes and this is what the white bedspread looked like.... washable markers everywhere!! It was VERY tie-died! Hopefully it all came out. Cindy wanted to laugh at me because OF COURSE I brought my shout :)!!! But guess what.... it def. came in handy!!
Saturday morning the kids woke up BRIGHT and EARLY at 6AM!!! That was okay though.... we got on up and ready and enjoyed ourselves a nice breakfast in the lobby. They had homemade waffles.... I got blueberry.... Mmmm Mmmm Good!!!

Here's Little Tiny at breakfast:



Heidi and her "debit card" aka room key *haha*!!!


My pictures got a little backwards.... this was Soph "turning the TV" before we left. She has gotten SO smart. She can turn the TV, tonight she was finding paper around the house and taking it to the garbage, opening the cabinet, throwing it away, and closing the door. She can say all sorts of things.... hot (and knows what it means), juice, Momma, Daddy, Izzy, Jaycee, Bye, Hi, Nah-uh, and I know I am leaving some out. But she amazes me! Oh and she will hum her ABCs with this magnetic toy that we have on our fridge.


Oh my Heidi Leigh...... haha!!

All of the children have to "help" me get ready in the mornings.... so this was nothing new for me. Generally I am holding Sophie and putting on my makeup.... but thankfully the hotel had a long mirror so I could sit down and she could sit in my lap. Poor Karter!! He just doesn't understand why he can't do all this girl stuff *haha*!


Saturday we went shopping for a little while and got the kids some much needed shoes. Karter and Heidi got a total of 3 pairs of shoes each. And guess what... I actually bought me a pair :)!! They are by Jessica Simpson and they really are comfortable!! Believe it or not Dad :)!!!

Before we headed back to the hotel, we ran to grab a quick lunch at Ruby Tuesday!! I just LOVE their salads :)!!!

Here's Heidi and her "yellow teeth"!!



Kyle was still in The US at this time.... so we were able to communicate... I sent him this picture of Kman.... told him he was such a little man *L*!!


I love these crazy kids so much!! If it weren't for them I KNOW my life would be dull and boring. How bored we must have been before children.


It is so much fun to me to watch Sophie and Karter interact. You can just tell how close they are and are going to be. He can woller all over her and she not care (to an extent *L*). They just really enjoy each others company.



Jon Wesley and Leigh Ann and their girls got there Sat afternoon.... Here's Soph going down the hall to see them :)!! She had JUST spit up all over her shirt right before they got there.


They were all so excited to see each other :)!






Lil Kyle:


Here we were at the wedding.... Karter did NOT want to get his picture taken!! Oh and I didn't mention.... we missed the wedding!! Yep... the WHOLE thing!! Sophie fell asleep on the way and when I went to get her out she had her a MAJOR meltdown!! She pitched her a fit for about 15 minutes!!! If she were older than 14 months, I am afraid she would have gotten her a GOODDDDDDDDDD butt whoopin'!! She was SOOO mad!!!



Awwwwww my sweet sweet.... did I mention sweet little man Karter??? Look at him standing over there and refusing to take a picture.... oh the fun!



I did manage to get somewhat of one of he and MeMe although he still wouldn't look!


After the wedding that we didn't get to watch *L* we went to their reception. It was really pretty and they had a GREAT band! The kids enjoyed dancing for a little while. We ended up leaving there pretty early, ordering a pizza, and hanging out by the pool at the hotel. We were the only ones out there so it was very nice!


Karter was taking it all in!!






The beautiful newly weds!! Neal and Anna!!


Here's Heidi Bug before going to the pool.....


The grandkids and MeMe at the pool:



After the pool, we went in and the kids crashed pretty quick!! Sophie strattled me and layed her head down. So her head is like on my knee. I had to get a picture :)!! She was so comfortable too!


Yesterday morning they actually slept in... they didn't get up until almost 8:00! I remember thinking.... wow Kyle left at 3:10 our time Saturday afternoon and when we woke up Sunday he still wasn't in Korea yet. Amazing huh?

Anyway... here's Soph getting into something!!!! Just too tempting!



After breakfast, we packed everything up and headed to the Eastern Shore Center and let the kids play in the Splash Park!! They had a ball!! Even Sophie enjoyed it.










Shelly Kate is in the pink :)!!!




They played for a little while and then we all started getting hungry so we walked right over to Wentzille's (sp?) Oyster House and had a VERY yummy lunch! I tried gator and a fried crawfish tail thanks to Leigh Ann!! Kyle would be so proud :)!

After lunch we shopped a little while longer and then headed to Marble Slab. I just couldn't head back home without stopping by there. Just so happens as we were eating that the Build-A-Bear mascot came by. It was his birthday!!




We left after our icecream. On our way home, i got the BEST phone call!! Kyle called me and let me know that they arrive safely in Korea. He has a pretty awesome Supervisor. He told them they could borrow his phone hopefully everyday to call home and let us know they were okay. He also told me some great news that they are coming home earlier than they had thought because somehow the schedules got overlapped!! I was so happy.

Then this morning I heard my iphone going off and I jumped out of bed. It was 6am.... and i just knew it was him :)!! We were able to facetime. He was SOOO excited. I haven't seen him that excited in a long time :)!! He showed us all around his apartment... very nice! He has a couch, tv, the bed is like close to the floor, he has a washer/dryer (it's all in one... and takes 8 hours to dry a load of clothes), he has a steamer for rice, and a filtered water thing that has scolding water or cold water. His apartment is the studio kind... and has hard wood floors. He showed us the view from his place and it was really pretty. Granted it was 8pm their time.. so it was pitch black, but you could see the whole city.

His phone call and seeing his handsome face did this ole girls heart good! It made my whole day... granted we talked for about 30 minutes, so we were PUSHING it this morning!! But it was for a good reason.

****OH Sophie has strep throat :(! My mom took her to the DR this afternoon for me because she's had nasty green snot and mattery eyes and anyway she tested pos for strep. BTW you do not have to run fever to have strep if you didn't know. So my Sweet Grandmama is going to keep her tomorrow. She weighed 17.5. So 14 months and she has gained since her 12 month... not quite a pound, but she's still gaining :)!

Anyway.... maybe we'll have a good night tonight. Karter man wanted to go home with Babee :( He all of a sudden wants to go go go!!

Please say a prayer for the Kelley family. My boss, Robin, lost her dad yesterday morning. Just pray that they would all have strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment