Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Supper Disaster - Sophie's Better - Kid Scare

Ever had one of those afternoons/days where it seemed like everything you touched fell apart? Well that's how it seemed to me this afternoon. I felt like I was tested a lot.

My mom picked the babies up for me and Heidi was already at OMS watching cheerleading practice. So when I got off from work, I was coming by the house to change clothes and to start a load of clothes washing. I had forgotten for a brief second that my sweet friend, Lindsay, was bringing us supper. Wasn't that So sweet and thoughtful? Anyway I was very much looking forward to it because it was a casserole and we love casseroles.... plus that mean supper was taken care of and I didn't have to try to come up with something :)!! Anyway.... I thought I would just take the dish with me to moms and we could all eat out there. Surely this could ONLY happen to me.... UGH..... right when I walked out the door it slipped out of my hands and fell and broke into a gazillion pieces and of course the casserole was ruined. Completely ruined! Words cannot describe the feeling that I felt at that moment. I wanted to cry so badly. I felt so bad. Lindsay took time out of her day to cook for us and I ruined it. Here is a picture of the lovely disaster.....

Anyway.... once I got it cleaned up and everything washed off, I headed to moms to get the kiddos. Sophie seems so much better. Her nose is still running some, but nothing like it was. Her face is just real blotchy looking.. So we didn't go to church just to be double sure not to spread the love.

We stayed at moms for a little while and once we came home, I started feeding/watering the animals. Well we had been home for a good 10 minutes and I was doing something with the waterhose and pushing Sophie in her car at the same time..... I noticed Amanda coming down the road... and then all of a sudden I hear my car crank!! YEP!!!! My sweet and innocent big kids got in my car and turned it on. I was so scared. I took off running and Amanda flew out of her car. All i could think of was them running into the house or going in reverse and hitting the neighbors house. Heidi got pretty upset over it. Mostly because I know she was just trying to turn the movie on, but still she now knows better than to do that. Karter too!

Once that drama settled down, we were able to swing and talk a few minutes. That's really the first time we have talked since Kyle has left. Life gets so busy this time of year.

Well.... I have some pictures to share of tonight's rocking..... thankfully all 3 kids stayed home tonight.... so I got to rock them all 3 to sleep. That was a little adventurous at times.



Heidi was really asleep.....



And then my little man had a melt down because he didn't want to be so "squished"... so I put Soph in her bed and rocked the two of them. That was all it took!! They were all out by 9:15.

I felt sad today though. Kyle can only talk to us in the mornings from 6-7 because that's when he is getting in for the day and getting ready for bed. He can email me at about 3 or 3:30 because that's what time he is getting up. Today he was only able to send me a quick email... so I feel like we haven't even gotten to talk. I just want to hug him. That's all.... just look at him and hug him!

Anyway.... enjoy the video.... it is from the other day, but it wouldn't let me upload it until now.



No comments:

Post a Comment