Wednesday, August 17, 2011

7 Years of Marriage




Of course I want you to play the video as you read this post :)!!!

This past Sunday, August 14th, Kyle and I celebrated our 7th anniversary. So I guess this starts the "7 year itch" they say!?!?!? HA!!

Seven years ago I married my absolute best friend. Just a little history about us.... we were such good friends in high school. Too good of friends I said! We went and did everything together.... I even went on a couple dates with him!! How weird?!?!? HAHA!! The girls didn't like it.... can't say I blame them *hehe*! On July 5th, 2000 Kyle called my Dads house and I still can see me laying on my Dads bed talking to him and he was BEGGING yes..... BEGGING for me to let us try to have a relationship. I didn't want to because I didn't want to mess up the friendship we had. PLUS I knew his history with girls and He was one of those guys that couldn't hardly stand to go a second without a girlfriend *haha*!!! But anyway... he finally convinced me. It was the weirdest feeling to me.

He wasn't my first boyfriend. I had others... and they were great guys, but just not the one for me. Well honest truth is week after week I would "TRY" to find something wrong with him to break up over..... and I couldn't. He was perfect! He would surprise me with things all the time and I could tell in his eyes that his love was real.

Well he graduated Highschool in 2002 and started MMI (Marine Mechanic Institute) not long after in Orlando, FL. We did the long distance thing... and he'll tell you.... he hung out with the wrong crowd and our relationship just wasn't what it used to be so we broke up. Well that lasted a week *haha*!! I still remember working at TJ's Western Supply and him calling me. It was the first time we had spoke in a week and my heart had that HUGE pitter patter feeling. I knew this was the guy!!! Well I graduated High School that following May (2003) and he proposed Dec of that same year. Just babies I know!!!

I was so excited. It was official. It felt so different. It was almost like that just confirmed that we were dating haha! It was okay for him to put his arm around me. It was okay to hold hands. *L*!! We have never been the type to show affection in public. But I remember us talking about the arm thing.... like once he proposed, he started putting his arm around me in church :)!!

On August 14th, 2004 I became Mrs. Matthew Kyle Colquett!!

Here are some pictures to share:



This was taken as we were leaving and heading to the limo.
The Limo took us to our new house in Daphne, Alabama. That's right.... with the help of my dad, we were 19 & 20 and were married and had bought our first home! WHOA NELLY! So anyway on August 15th, we got up and headed to the Mobile Airport.

We had a fabulous Honeymoon in Cancun, Mexico.

I remember us talking about how strange it was to not have our families with us. Kyle had been with my family and I on several vacations.... and it was so strange not having them with us in the airport to help "guide" us! I am sure to everyone around us we looked like babies.... well because we were!

We lived in Daphne for 9 months before selling our house and moving back to Opp. We moved in with Kyle's parents until we found us a house. We missed our families TOO much!!!

Once we got settled in, I started begging Kyle for us to have a baby. I have wanted to be a mother for as long as I can remember. Well on our one year anniversary I talked him into it.

I was sooooooooo proud and thankful to be pregnant. I wanted this baby soo badly. I couldn't stop smiling. I loved EVERY minute of it! Here are a couple pictures of me pregnant with Heidi Leigh:
So anyway.... not saying that our marriage is perfect or has been easy, but we really are an exception I think. We stick together. He makes me laugh, I make him laugh. We have had fusses just like any normal couple, but we get over it! Once you say I do, it is a forever thing in our book. I grew up with divorced parents and as "easy" as it is, I don't want that for my kids. I will be honest, this past year has been so far the hardest year on our marriage. There were a lot of changes that took place that we had to learn how to deal with and had to figure out. Sure there were times when it would have been easy to throw the towel in, but we are better than that :)!! Now our marriage is stronger that it EVER has been! I love that man more than I can describe! He is my all! He is my everything! We have three beautiful children together.... and we are one big happy family! In all honesty, we hardly ever "fuss". We might disagree about something, but it's just not a fuss. He is very easy going.... and won't fuss with me no matter how hard I try usually.

So anyway..... we haven't been able to take an anniversary trip since our first one, mostly because I didn't want to be away from the children, but maybe some day I'll have an Anniversary Getaway Blog to talk about! I pray that our marriage always stays strong, and the only way it is going to is if we continue to put God first in it. I pray that we are able to celebrate MANY MANY more anniversaries!!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABE!!!! I LOVE YOU LIKE A FAT KID LOVES CAKE :)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment