Monday, August 1, 2011

Kindergarten Orientation



Well tonight really made reality set in.... I officially have a Kindergartner. Am I sad? Am I happy? I think I am both... I have sooo many mixed emotions. The precious angel that Kyle and I welcomed to the World 5 years ago is already starting school. Time surely does fly by.

OK so enough about all the sappy stuff :) I could sit here and go on and on and on about all of that. I didn't cry tonight :)!!! I did however feel that sudden urge and like pain in my chest where I knew the flood gates could pour at any moment as soon as we were about to walk in Mrs. Hightower's door. I turned and looked at Kyle and told him I thought I was about to cry.
Heidi really had a good night. It was a good way to "prepare" all the Kindergartner's. It put a little pep in her step and she is officially excited about starting. When we first got there, everyone met in the gym and went over different things with Mr. Kinsaul (Principal). Once he was finished, he called each teacher to the front and then the students in her class stood with her and off to their classroom they went :)!!

As you know, Heidi has Mrs. Hightower. Mrs. Hightower really made everyone feel so welcome. About two weeks ago, Heidi received this sweet post card in the mail from Mrs. H. Heidi was SOOO excited. She told everyone about her "mail" :)!!!!


When we got in the classroom, Heidi found her seat and her prize :)!! Mrs. H gave them all pale's with their names on them, a lei, ring pop, and goggles. Such a neat idea! Her room theme is, "Under The Sea".


Heidi really never seemed nervous once we were in there. She sat at her table the entire time and not once showed any signs of tears.



Beautiful Mrs. Hightower and Heidi:

Heidi's friends in her class:
Abbie Grace, Heidi, Liz Ann





Everyone starts out on the green light.... and hopefully stays there! Red light is REALLY bad.... yellow is not so good. Heidi knows she needs to stay on the green light :)!!


Here are her supplies that we took :)!!


After we met with Mrs. Hightower, we walked across the hall to Mrs. Ellison's room.... aka Amanda *L*!! Heidi's friend, Reese, has Amanda.



Reece and Amanda & Heidi and Reese:
(Heidi says Reese dresses sooooo cute. She said that she thinks her Mom makes her clothes *L*)!


We definitely could not go without taking a picture with Amanda :)!! After all, without her I would be soooooo lost!


Thankfully Amanda and Keena's classes are across from one another. They can actually call each other and see each other at the same time :)!! I told Amanda I was going to email her during the day and tell her to get Keena to give her a thumbs up or down for Heidi :)!!

Family picture :

My Big Girl:


Her backpack:



Heidi and her friends Katie and Liz Ann:


Soooo glad Mrs. Hightower gave me the idea to get Heidi's picture with her principal, Mr. Kinsaul: (THANK YOU MRS. H :))!



Heidi's new playgrounds :)!!! She is trying to figure out why there are 2 *L*!!


So anyway... we really had a good evening. I had a stressful afternoon at work, but it most definitely ended well. I guess the big day is Friday :)!! Kyle took off work, so he and I will take her to school and pick her up!!! SO excited to do that together.

We are looking forward to a great year at Opp Elementary School!!

No comments:

Post a Comment