Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Goodbye Bankers World.....

What a wonderful day I had yesterday.  My SIB family was so good to me.  They respected my "no party" wishes and still brought all sorts of yummy party food, but there was no stand around and give farewell speeches type of party.  I am such a cry baby and I knew I would be crying all day if they did that.  I do have two cards in my purse to read at some point when I am brave enough :)!

When I got back from lunch yesterday, they had a beautifully wrapped gift on my desk.  Inside of it was this lovely Bobcat Sorrelli set :)!! I absolutely LOVE it!  Will get so much use out of it during football season.


My mom, Heidi, and I headed to get a pedicure.... my feet were something TERRIBLE!! And the thing is I get a pedicure at least once a month and they still crack and hurt.  So needed to get the heels fixed and sorda a celebration of the "new" job :)!!

Heidi Leigh of course loves her a pedicure.  They all know her at the nail salon :)!
Well on our way over there it was STORMING!!! I mean STORMING!!  We were over half way there and it started hailing!!!  That was the first time I had ever been in the car with it hailing.  Baahaaaa my mom was hilarious!  She kept telling me, "GOOOO HURRY...... FIND SHELTER..... OMG.... TURN AROUND TURN AROUND!!! IS THERE A CHURCH SOMEWHERE CLOSE BY???? COULD BE A TORNADO.... GO GO GO ...." baahaaaa... I was laughing so hard.... we finally found shelter at a gas station.  We sat there for a while and then went out again.  I mean if it was just rain it would be fine right??? Well guess what.... it started hailing again, so we once again turned around to "run" from it.  Then it stopped..... I mean wait until you see my feet pics..... I was DESPERATE for a pedi! 

Long story short, we finally turned back around and got our pedicures despite the terrible weather. 

The first picture is a picture of us under the awning *L*!! The 2nd is the strange color that everything was on our way home.
 Okay I am soooo embarrassed to even show you, but look at my heels.  How awful?? And I get a pedi so often.  They will just crack and peel.  But the pedi man gave me some tips on how to hopefully keep them from doing that.



 This is a video Heidi took of the lightening.  It was non stop lightening.  I think the weather is supposed to be bad again today :/..... good thing I'm home with the kiddos :)!!!!  Let the new job begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment