Thursday, July 26, 2012

Small Taste of What It Will Be Like.....

Well today was a "preview" of what's in store for the days to come :)!  And I have to say that I know without a doubt that we made the right decision :)!!

My great aunt passed away :( so my "babysitter" aka my Dad.... was a pallbearer.  The funeral was in North Alabama.  I was unable to find anyone to keep the kids so that I could go to the funeral, so I had the honors of staying home with them. 

First thing this morning they begged me to sit down and let them "color" my hair with some Crayola hair color sticks they got.  Of course what fun would I be if I didn't participate *L*?? 



I realized not long after getting my hair all rainbowed up that I needed some Tide.  (And side note..... I've tried all different types of detergeant, but nothing seems to satisfies my nose and comfort the way Tide does).  So we loaded up and went to the Dollar Store and the Grocery Store :)!!  Yep.... me and all 3 kids.... and we had a good trip actually.  We hadn't been home 5 minutes and my bff pulled up.  She has FINALLY finished her Masters in Education!! WHOOP WHOOP..... so I can now see her again.  She was so excited to have some "free time" so we all went to Docs for lunch and met my Mom. 

I was seriously thinking.... I can get used to this *L*!!! 

Since I was going to be home, I really wanted to cook something yummy for supper.  I am getting excited about coming up with a menu, learning how to budget meals, and plan ahead. 

Before I could get started on supper, the babies really needed a nap.....
 BAAHAAA before I show you our supper..... can't help but make you smile and look at our little elephant.  Kman wanted to try it on and of course it wouldn't even almost fit him anymore :(..... but Little Tiny was very excited to be able to run around like a crazy elephant *L*!!

 She told me to send this one of her smiling to "Ty-Lur".... aka KyKy.
 Okay.... sooooo now to the supper menu..... I didn't get a picture of our drink, but I once again made Cherry Limeade :)!!

We had Cream Corn:
 DELISH Pork Tenderloin:
 English Pea Casserole (Recipe at the end):
 My first try at Home Made Biscuits...... I really am afraid I have to admit that Kyle's were sooo much better, so he needs to give me lessons.
 Cheddar & Broccoli Rice:

Bacon & Ranch Pastsa:
 
 And for dessert...... yummy peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream!!!!
 And althought I was the cook, I have to say that was a pretty dad gone good meal *L*!!!  And Jonathan got seconds :)!!  He usually just lets 1 plate satisfy him.... so either my cooking if improving *L* or this meal just really hit the spot.

I did notice after supper that Heidi had a video that she took with my phone and texted it to KyKy while we were still eating *L*!!  LOL!!! 


Soooo needless to say my "trial run" was pretty successful.  I really hope to start back on the "Menu Mondays" once I am officially home. 

Okay.... I had a special request to share the English Pea Casserole and Paula Deen's Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf.... so enjoy :)!!!!

English Pea Casserole(My friend Whitney shared this with me):

2 cans English Peas (Drained)
8 oz block Velveeta Cheese
Cream of Mushroom Soup
French Fried Onions

**Mix Peas, chopped up velveeta, and mushroom soup together and put in a small baking dish.  Bake on 350 for about 20 minutes (I usually stir a time or two to make sure the cheese melted).  Add the french fried onions on the top and bake until they are golden brown.

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf by Paula Deen:

1 lb ground chuck
10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 8 oz package sharp cheddar, grated
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup bread crumbs, toasted
1/4 cup mayo
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp prepared mustard
1 (3 oz) can French Fried Onions

**Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine the ground check and next 8 ingredients, mixing well.

In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and mustard.  Stir 1/4 cup ketchup mixture into meat mixture, reserving remaining ketchup mixture.

Press meat into loaf pan.  Spread remainder of ketchup mixture over loaf.  Bake 40 minutes.  Top with French fried Onions; bake another 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment