Thursday, October 21, 2010

18 month check up

Today was Karter's 18 month check up! It was a little aggravating... his appointment was at 11:30.... we left at 1:00. Just took a LONG time! BUT everything is great. He weighs 22 lbs.... which only puts him in the 15% category on weight.... he's 70th% on height.... 33 inches... and his head was 19 inches... I didn't get that percentage. Dr E put him on a Singular tablet to try.... because it doesn't seem like his Claritan is working. I'm hoping this works :)!! It's $50 cheaper! He chewed a tablet tonight with no problems! He wasn't worried about his weight... he said that's just Karter :)!! He's always been under weight for his age... although he doesn't look it at all. He looks thick to me... but anyway. He's still on his vitamins... so it's all good :)!

He got 3 shots today... one included the flu shot. I have to take him back in 30 days to get the 2nd part of the shot. And then he doesn't go back until he is 24 months. I can remember with Heidi I was really sad about that.... I was so used to taking her every month, then 2 months, then 3 months until 18 months... the 6 month skip was a long time... 24 months seemed to "old". But with Karter.... I am more than excited! Is that bad? Hmmm... maybe it's because Sophie is right behind him. I take her Tuesday for her 4 month check up.

**Anyway.... I had to get gas today... well gas is 7 cents cheaper in Andalusia. That's A LOT!! So of course I filled up over there.... Sorry Opp! I'm a bargain shopper *haha*!

** Another thing... Meredith and I are going to start a "Menu Monday" blog. We'll do our weekly menus and grocery lists.... shouldn't that be neat? I'm excited about it. It'll give us different ideas, etc. {By the way.... I stuck to the menu..... Breakfast tonight :)!!! Heidi said it was "SOOOO good.... her favorite" haha!}

** I guess I am full of random thoughts tonight.... but something we talked about in Sunday School Sunday won't leave my mind. Ralph was telling us how he heard someone say that the longer you are with someone.... married or not.... the less you know about them. Ralph disagreed with it... but I agreed with it. It's sad to me... but true... especially with children. You (in general) focus so much on the children that it's hard to focus on each other. Of course you still love one another unconditionally.... there are just distractions. When you are dating... you know every little step each other does... EVERY step *haha*! Mr Ralph gets the pleasure of working with his wife every day... so that helps. Kyle and I have talked about that. I would LOVE to work with him. To me it would make each day interesting and we would know what each other went through that day. Now I have to sit here and act like I understand "refrigeration talk and air conditioning talk" haha... and used to have to pretend to understand boats and motors. But he does the same thing with the banking world :)!! Marriage is a give and take and you got to work together.

OH and how could I forget... my cousin, Abby Foster, got into Pharmacy school at Auburn!! How incredibly awesome is that? She's only been at Auburn 3 months.... so this is a huge accomplishment. We are all so proud of her and are going to celebrate with a fish fry Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment