Thursday, October 28, 2010

Busy afternoon/evening

Before I get into my business.... these are some pictures from last night's fall festival at First Baptist Church. She had a great time with Lindsay.... Karter enjoyed going through her candy :)



These were this morning.... my Sophie Girl feels so much better!

So this afternoon about 2:40 Kids World calls me... always scares me when I see that on caller id.... and anyway... I of course was thinking it was Sophie... NOPE!!!! Karter!!! He had a 102 temp. I called my mom right away because I knew she would be getting off about 3:30... thankfully she said she could leave sooner than that. She had to go to Andalusia anyway... so i called the DR office and they said bring him on. The tested him for strep... did something with his ear she said where they pulled on it and ran something in it... she said he screamed bloody murder... and they took blood from his big toe!! It was all bandaged up.... unfortunately I missed a picture of that :(! He ended up having fluid on his right ear. So they gave him the Rocefferin (sp?) shot and called in some medicine. He already felt so much better tonight. He finally all together today ate a piece of cheese, 3 bites of yogurt, 2 gold fish, a bite or two of apple, and 2 pickle chips. So that wasn't much... which isn't surprising for Karter.

Anyway I picked up H & S from KW.... and once Kyle got home I went to the drug store and grocery store. Next weeks menu is going to be potato soup, sloppy joes, pork tenderloin, meatloaf, and chicken enchiladas. I thought it would be neat.... or nosey *haha* to see my grocery list. I only spent $143.67 which is $130 cheaper than the last time I went to the store. Here's what I got: paprika & noodles (for homemade macaroni), 2 peppers, onion, cream of mushroom soup (for peppered steak), toilet paper, juice, baby food, milk (have to buy 1 ga of whole and 1 ga of 2% each time), bread (white wheat), hamburger buns, Special K (what I eat most of the time for lunch and sometimes for supper), poptarts (Kyle gets Kellog strawberry and Heidi doesn't know the difference... so I buy her the store brand strawberry), cheese grits (Karter's breakfast most mornings), 4 garlic cloves, pork tenderloin, eggs, chicken, cream cheese, salsa, tortillas, sour cream, shredded cheese, bacon, viennas (Karter actually loves these), ketchup, tomato paste, beefy onion soup mix (for meatloaf), cream of chicken soup (for potato soup), syrup, apples, bananas, Dr Pepper, Pepsi Max, and Diet Coke Chill or something like that, and yogurt (Karter and Heidi loves Yogurt). I went buy my list and only strayed a few times :)! So now my shopping is done for next week.

Anyway... I left the store and picked us up 2 LG thin crust pepperoni pizzas... Jonathan and Amanda ate with us. They are the type of friends that you just feel at home with.. comfortable... like you don't have to "entertain" or clean up for!! They helped me unload the car and Amanda helped put them up :)! Then I mixed together a pound cake for Heidi and Karter to take to school for their Halloween Party. There are pictures at the end.... of course ours didn't turn out as cute as the one I saw on TV yesterday... oh well!

Tomorrow night Jonathan and Amanda are coming over and we are going to eat Peppered Steak :)!!! I am excited about that because I've never cooked it before. By doing my menu it is allowing me to venture out... and cook things I normally wouldn't.... Kyle's just going to have to get used to it. Picky Butt *haha*!

Amanda & Bug a boo... being silly with the batter.

Enjoying his first apple



Looks good :)


I love my little helpers :)





HAHA Looks a little scary... and I couldn't find anything for the stem..... a twizzler was the closest thing I could find.



We have a busy weekend planned!! We'll be out and about ALL day Saturday... but I'm looking forward to it.... I'll have a puppy and two kitties with me all day :)!! And I'm sure I'll have all sorts of pictures to share!!

HaPpY hAlLoWeEn!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment