Monday, October 11, 2010

Father Free Weekend


Nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby!!


My dad left this past Thursday headed to Venezuela! We tried to get a group shot before he left... but as you can tell that didn't happen !!! :)!

I really miss him! He and Grandmama come over pretty often and visit... and I usually talk to him everyday... when i don't see him. So it has been a little sad not being able to at least talk to him everyday. Yesterday at my moms one of Tyler's Venezuela friends that has blackberry messenger let dad bbm Tyler.... so that was neat to talk to him for a couple minutes way across the world! Technology is wonderful :)! The mission team won't be home until early Sunday morning!

Beautiful Sophie!

So the reason this is titled "Father Free Weekend" is because not only was my dad not around, but Kyle wasn't around either. He didn't get home until after 8:30 Friday night from work.. .and then had to be at the church Saturday morning at 7 to head to Six Flags! They spent the night and went to Woodstock Sunday. He said that church is AMAZING! He had a really good time... but we sure did miss him!

Saturday my mom and I took Heidi and Karter with us to Dothan shopping. Meme wanted to "keep children" bad.... so I let her keep Sophie. Sophie doesn't like to get in and out of the carseat very much, so I knew she wouldn't enjoy the trip anyway. It was a nice trip and I was able to get the kiddos set for cooler weather.

We got back into town about I don't remember... 3:30ish and then went to the Messers. We stayed out there for a couple hours before heading home to start our nightly routine... thankfully my mom got to feeling sorry for me *L* and came to help me. She said she got to thinking that I'd have to bathe all 3 kids, feed Sophie, wash bottles, get Sunday stuff together, etc... and knew I'd need help!! And I did :)!!

She helped me bathe them and get things situated and then Cindy came up here. My mom had already asked to keep one of the children, but I told her I'd be okay... and I would be... just get up with one or both... and be tired Sunday *haha*! But I COULD do it.

So Cindy then asked if she could please keep Karter... and then Heidi said she wanted to go too!! Which is odd because Heidi won't stay at Meme's unless Shelly Kate and Miley Grace stay. So I let both of them. Being next door I knew I'd still be able to get them ready for church.

I have never been one that liked being alone at night. I am VERY scary!! Everything scares me.... so I asked Heidi a couple times if she was sure she wanted to go and she was.... so I had to put my Big Girl Panties on and just do it!! I thought about leaving the hall light on all night, or maybe the tv... or my bathroom light.... BUT surprisingly I didn't do any of the above. I was TOO tired. I set the TV timer and crashed. I left the florescent light on above my sink so that put out lots of lighting. I have to admit.... it was actually nice having the bed all to myself!! I usually share it with Kyle and Heidi *haha*! I think Kyle enjoyed his bed in Atlanta too :)!

Heidi got some cowgirl boots Saturday!! She has hardly put them down since.

Beautiful Sophie girl!! She and Meme were outside when we got home!

My sweet Kman! Sporting his Jersey that matches his Daddy!

We were only a tad bit late Sunday morning. I was kind of impressed :)!

Tyler took this picture of his main screen on his phone.... 10-10-10 at 10:10am! How about that? We'll only get to experience that two more times in our life time. Kind of strange to think about that.
My mom cooked a SUPER yummy lunch Sunday after church!! So we ate there along with the Fosters and Messers. Jamie and I joked that the only time our moms cook is if Abby or Tyler come home! She cooked sweet potato casserole, hashbrown casserole, rolls, butter beans, rolled chicken breasts, brown rice, and..... I think that's it! So good!!!!

So in these pictures that's Jamie on the left, Abby in the middle, and of course Tyler on the right!

****OH I almost forgot.... Abby got home from Auburn early Friday afternoon & picked Heidi and Hank up from KW!! They had a ball!!!



It's really sad that they are all 3 in college now.



Babee was getting some Sophie Sugar in :)

She has started laughing out loud... it's the cutest thing!! There's a video at the end.







Uncle Kyky!! The kids LOVE KyKy!!


Sophie will pretty much go to sleep anywhere. Such an easy baby!
I was off work today for Columbus Day!! That's the benefits at working at a bank!! I took Sophie for her 3 month pictures this morning and then my mom and I worked all day organizing my house.... and washing clothes.... she worked on my kitchen while I worked on the girls' room. We were GIVE OUT! That's a job in itself.... while watching three munchkins! I didn't get finished with their room, but I'll work on it this week during lunch.

This is what Heidi called a "Group Kiss".... we give "Group Hugs" as a family... so this was a Group Kiss :)!




Kyle didn't get home until about 6:30 tonight.... I had supper ready.....Roast, potatoes, carrots, mac n cheese (btw it was Sponge Bob mac n cheese... NOT GOOD! Heidi didn't even like it.... I just got it thinking they would like eating it more because of it being a character), and green beans. After supper he and the "kids" washed my car... it needed washing BAD!

Heidi has a playdate tomorrow with her friend Katie. She is excited about that... several of their friends are going! So that should be fun!

Here's a video of Sophie laughing... and there's another one at the end!



This week's menu:
Monday: Roast, carrots, potatoes, green beans, mac n cheese
Tuesday: I am sorry to say I won't be cooking! Tomorrow is going to be a dreadful day at work! We have a teller out on vacation... so there will only be 2 tellers... and the day after a holiday is always busy.... PLUS it's personal statement day... so I'll have thousands of statements to do alone.... PLUS all my normal work! I'm thinking I wont be in the mood to cook!! So we'll have a "clean out the fridge" night :)!
Wednesday: Hotdogs/chilli dogs
Thursday: We're eating at Jonathan and Amanda's.... rolled chicken breast!
Friday: chances are we'll go to the game.... since it's here. So no cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment