Monday, October 18, 2010

Enjoyable weekend

We have really had a very nice and enjoyable weekend. Saturday was busy, but it was a good busy.... a fun busy :)! Friday night we just hung out at home....played outside mostly... Saturday I helped to host my cousin's wife's baby shower in Andalusia... so I had that and when i got back we went to a very fun birthday party.

Okay here is Heidi in the Minnie Mouse outfit that my Aunt Mandy gave her:
(She was 4 days shy of being 5 months)

Now here is Sophie in the same outfit :)! She is about 2 weeks shy from being 4 months. The skirt would hardly stay on her *haha*!

I thought this was sweet.
Most mornings I get up with Sophie anywhere from 4:30-5:30. After I feed her and we rock for a while I go ahead and change her clothes and she usually goes back to sleep until close to time for us to leave. So this was Thursday morning.... I put her in our bed with Heidi while I got ready.... I thought this was sweet. Heidi was holding her paci in :)!


Heidi insisted on taking a picture..... I don't know why Sophie gets the bug eyes when the camera comes out *haha*!
Karter loves our lab, Josh. He's always checking on him and "helping daddy feed him".

We were outside Thursday night swinging the kids and noticed that we have some really nice looking pecans on the ground... so Kyle got the "pick-er-upper" haha..... and he and Heidi went to town! I thought I had to get a picture of my Diva trying to do it in her headband and heels!


For whatever reason Karter was super tired. He had been really ILL the past few days after daycare. I don't know what the deal is/was. So anyway I was doodling at the sink and turned and he was asleep in his highchair. HAHA That didn't last long because I woke him up for a bath.
Heidi wanted to put her fake Princess finger nails on.... so we did. Unfortunately to stay on a 4 year olds hand..... they need more than a little stick on the back of them. More like super glue :)

She had to show her daddy how good it felt when she scratched his arm.

Okay so Kyle's mom has gotten into the "tin project".... she's cutting out, painting, and "dolling" up pumpkins, initials, Alabama and Auburn signs, etc. so Saturday she drew them out, Kyle cut them out, and mom painted them. I think they had a pretty good system going.

Kyle was playing around and cut out the kiddos names :)!!! He's wanting to do a "The Colquett's" sign and attach each of the names... like the wooden ones you see around.
I asked Tyler to go with me to the Birthday party.... since all the kids were going. We had a great time. It was a carnival theme.... so they had all sorts of things for the kids to do. They had a popcorn machine, cotton candy, candy table, candy and caramel apples, 2 jumping houses, face painting, hay rides, and several little games set up. It really felt like we were at a fall festival.

Heidi got her face painted like a cat... and Karters was a dog, but it didn't last long... he wiped it right off.

Oh how she loves her KyKy!!

When we got home from the party my mom, Kyle, Cindy and Mrs Suzanne were still outside doing all of the designs.... so we hung out for a while out there. It was such a beautiful day and evening. The AL game didn't come on until late so it didn't "interrupt" (haha) our day.

Once we came in Kyle's mom made nachos and homemade pizza for the game. His mama spoils him *haha*! She tells me I'll do the same thing :)! And anyway my mom helped me straighten up some and then cut out the tulle for Sophie's Halloween costume AND made all three kiddos a pumpkin applique shirt. So she was a busy bee! KyKy helped entertain kiddos... and bathe Heidi. He kept trying to leave to go eat at David's and Heidi and Karter didn't want him to :( It was sad.... Tyler felt torn. He finally was able to leave though... and then everyone started kind of winding down.

But if I could have a weekend like that every weekend, I would! I LOVE being around family... I would honestly have them all living right here on the same block.

Heidi Leigh took this picture of Karter Saturday night..... blowing his toy he got at the party.
Notice his face.... it was clear when we got up Saturday, but by the afternoon something had made his eczema flare up:( I haven't figured out what it is yet.

This was yesterday morning before church.


Karter has gotten to where he really pays her a lot of attention. He loves to "help" with her... and she loves to watch he and Heidi!

My dad and the mission team got in from Venezuela Sunday morning about 4am. They were all so tired yesterday. We went and ate lunch at their house... but didn't stay long because I knew he needed rest and sure wouldn't rest with us there. So we came on home and cleaned up a little and the two babies napped.... I did some laundry and Amanda came over.

****Please pray for Karter's teachers.... Miss Hayley lost her precious baby girl last week. She was due in January. And now his other teacher, Miss Jennifer, is in the hospital at 21 weeks pregnant with complications.
***Also PTL (Praise The Lord) Mrs Josephine had a successful surgery Thursday morning. They were unable to do surgery Tuesday morning due to machine mess ups.... so they had to post pone it. PTL the did because with the machine they would have used Tuesday they would not have been able to detect a lymph node that was way up under her armpit. HOPEFULLY they got it all and she won't have to do treatments.... just waiting on the results!

Now off to a good week..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment