Friday, October 8, 2010

Yummy supper

For whatever reason Sophie decided she needed to get up at 2:25AM to eat. That's an old habit *haha*!

Well last night I cooked a super yummy supper! I put pork-chops in the crock pot at lunch with some water, creole seasoning, and barbecue.... mmm mmm good! And they were falling off the bone! I also went ahead and boiled my eggs for the deviled eggs at lunch too!! I never know if Kyle will work late or not, so I tried to get as much as I could done ahead of time.
So I cooked pork chops, deviled eggs, peas, mac n cheese (which now I have my Grandmother's HOMEMADE recipe for this.... I want it IN HER HAND WRITING :) so she gave me a little recipe card last night with it.... I'm so excited about that), some geesy garlic bread, loaded mashed potatoes, and cabbage. I did the cabbage in the oven with some water, butter, little Dales, and Creole Seasoning. I cooked them a little too long but they were still good.

I am so excited about Saturday. My mom and I are taking the kids shopping for some much needed fall clothes. Sophie has all the fall clothes her closet can hold.... I had to do major rearranging to even get them to fit. I am a little surprised at myself because up until this year I have ALWAYS bought a season ahead and been set for which ever to come. I don't know what got in to me.... New baby maybe *haha*???? Maybe I'll do better when Summertime rolls around. If you haven't figured me out by now.... I'm a HUGE bargain hunter! I usually do not buy anything if it isn't on sale.... and I LOVE coupons. Kyle gets so embarrassed when I pull out my coupons *L*! So see this winter I can get summer clothes for hardly nothing for the kiddos.

Kyle has to be at Ino Saturday morning at 7! He is going with the youth to 6 Flags and they won't be back until Sunday afternoon. So it'll be me and the kiddos.... we'll see how that goes :) Especially during Saturday night and if neither child sleeps... and then getting ready for church Sunday!! Should be interesting :)!!!

Before I go I have to say this.... it's now 2:38am and I'm talking to my dad on text because the Mission team is on their way to the Atlanta airport AND I'm talking to my brother on bbm (black berry messenger)! The chances of me talking to them 2 again at this time are pretty slim. Tyler said he didn't get in from rehearsals until 1 and he can't seem to go to sleep. So anyway... remember to pray for the team!!!

1 comment: