Thursday, October 14, 2010

What a Day of Rejoicing This Should Be

I'm going to start off by saying.... I'M THANKFUL!!!!

I'm thankful for my job, Kyle's job, our family, etc..... but I'm just flat out tired as we all get sometimes!!! Yesterday was an unusually busy day at work.... which it has been like that lately for some reason. So I thought it would be interesting to do a "day in my shoes at SIB and then home" blog.... referring to yesterday!

I've already done one previously of my mornings.... so I'll skip over that... and start with having to be at work at 7:45am. We have a teller that is on vacation this week.... with our "4th" teller having a car accident and being out for a while.... that only leaves 2 tellers all week. Well when we are short handed or they are busy, I fill in. Everything at a bank is dual control. So the teller that is on vacation and I have the same keys/combos to everything. That means when I get there in the mornings I have to first let the tellers into "their box" then I have to check the night drop for bags/envelopes. Once I distributed the deposits, I go back to my desk and begin my normal routine. That consists of printing morning reports (loan notices, late notices, OD notices, HELOC payments, CD Interest checks, and the list goes on and on). I also have each morning a report to go through that's about... mmmm.... at least 2-3 inches thick... majority of the report is mine to balance (CD suspense, Loan suspence, dda, loan, and cd non post, tt&ls, prenotes, etc ....), but some of it goes to our CFO and Compliance officer. I then have to mail all of the notices that I printed.
Yesterday I still had personal statements from Monday. With us being short a teller.. I was short help on doing the statements and getting them out. That's no simple process.... it's time consuming just getting one statement out. You have to make sure all the pages are there (we used to check all images... but no time for that anymore), mark it off a check sheet, most of the time there are stuffers to put in it.... then a lot of them require a "special stamp"... so you have to weigh them to make sure the price you need.
I also do the nsfs each day. We have an officer in Opp and Andalusia that actually does the returns, but I'm the one that actually returns the items... mails the notices, etc. I also do the chargebacks.... chargebacks are checks that are deposited at our bank but are returned for various reasons. I also scan the teller work and am responsible for balancing both branches work from the day. I have to balance due from... which is just another account that we have... on a daily basis (which I am now 2 days behind on that :( )! If there is an online banking call or bill pay question I generally get those.... which Joanna does help me with those when she can. I am in charge of debit card disputes, refunding various charges, etc. So anyway that's a gist of some of my daily tasks.
The only 2 tellers we had yesterday had a "Steller Teller" Webinar for 2 hours.... which meant I had to fill in and be the only teller we had. No big deal... right?? It was a Wednesday! HA~! We were unusually busy.... plus statements trying to finish getting out... I was running back and forth.... then we had a customer thats debit card wasn't working... so I had to take them outside to try the atm.... WHILE still no one else to do teller work. So I was running here, there, etc... THEN I started feeling bad.... like a headache, but in my neck kind of... then I was getting nauseous. Finally about 4:30 I threw up.... and I felt better. Kyle had already told me that he would be working late.... btw he didn't get home until 8:45. but you know I knew I had to feel better because I had the kids to myself... and as you know a Mommy can't feel bad. No matter what we have to keep going... no stopping. There's no laying on the couch because we're (moms) tired or have a headache, or sick, etc.... that all goes away once Mommyhood steps in.

After I left work at 5:20 I went to pick up the kids. Karter is usually in need of some juice and a snack when I pick them up. So we got home an he screams because i unlocked the door and brought a load in..... then I got him out... heidi trails behind. I put him in his high chair with juice & something to snack on and get Sophie out. Sophie has started spitting up bad...so I had to give her a bath about 615. After her bath she let me put her in her swing and she actually went to sleep. While she was sleeping I was trying to feed the other two. Heidi kept complaining that her stomach hurt. I tried to give her some medicine, but she didn't want any.

I then gave them a bath... and since her stomach was hurting my mom said she could stay with her. Karter and I had a short virus Monday... and my mom had it yesterday and Kyle's mom...so we thought she might be getting it. So while she was on her way I was washing bottles and sippy cups, swept and mopped the kitchen, and remembered that I needed to wash Kyle's work clothes. She got here a little before 8 I guess.... and rocked Karter while I rocked Sophie.

My Uncle came over at 8:04 to be exact *L* Because he blew the horn and my mom and I just looked at each other.... but they had gotten a new car and brought it to show us. So we went outside and looked at it for a little bit and coming back inside Heidi threw up. It got on the door, the mat, and carport. SO we came in and washed her foot off... then I had to go get the water hose to clean the other up.... Sophie had fallen asleep by this point and was in her bed. I then got Karter and my mom and Heidi left. Not long after Kyle got home she called and said Heidi threw up everywhere as soon as they got to her house. :( I felt bad! After I got Karter to sleep about 10.... I was washing my face and she called and said Heidi did it again and it got all over her clothes and she needed some new ones.... so I took her several tshirts.... and this was after 10 now... I got there and snuggled with Heidi... she didn't want me to leave. So I layed on my moms couch and watched Hannah Montana.... until she and I both ended up falling asleep and I left about 11:15 I guess... and came home. I was give out!! Went straight to bed!!

**Let the new day begin :)

****Also please be in prayer for my dear friend, Josephine.... she's having a mastectomy this morning at 10! And my coworker, Joanna, lost her Granddad yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment