Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pins, Pins, and more Pins

My fingers are so sore!! We are putting lots of stuff in the Methodist Church's "Nearly New Sale" that is this Friday and Saturday. Last night I pushed straight pins in and pushed them in.... my fingers hurt *haha*! Plus I stabbed myself several times.... so that's pretty sore too.

My mom picked the babies up from KW for me yesterday (Heidi had dance). I got home close to 5:30 and Karter was pitching him a forever more fit! He didn't want to be held, he didn't want to not be held, he didn't want a snack, he didn't want juice or tea, he didn't want his shoes on or off, he didn't want to go outside, he didn't even want his paci..... we tried everything we could think of.... oh and he didn't want medicine. I joke saying Karter is a hypochondriac because usually just the sight of medicine gets him excited.... so when he didn't want that yesterday I knew he was just pitching a "Colquett" HAHA! SO I gave him some orajel, finally got some Tylenol in him when he slung his head back... and his Claritan. Mother was going to her house to change so she could come back up here and help us get ready for the sale.... so Karter rode with her. She said as soon as she started her car and began moving.... he STOPPED! He's so rotten!

So anyway.... after they got back and Soph and I got back from getting Bug, mom started cooking supper. While she cooked I was getting tags ready for the sale. Karter was a completely different child when they got back... so he and Heidi played for the most part while I did that. Kyle got home about 7:00..... just in time for supper :).... how convenient *haha*!

After supper, I gave the kiddos a bath... and gosh Karter is a lot worse than Heidi when it comes to splashing.... I was SOAKING wet!! My hair, my clothes, the floor.... my makeup was pure running *L*! Then I gave Sophie one.... I was about to stick her in her tub and just had her sitting on my knee and she peed all over me...... haha...... wouldn't you know.

Once bath time was over.... the sticking began. Mom fed and rocked Sophie for me... and I went to tag everything. Everything has to have a size and price on the tag... then stick it. Well after over 100 sticks.... your fingers get weak. Kyles mom came up here not long after I had started and she helped me. Thankfully!! We really have AWESOME parents.... they help out so much. Kyle got together lots of toys from the playroom and outside that have been stored in our building. He washed everything really good so that we could sell it. He came in there where we were and he said "You put ALL your maternity clothes in there... right?" and started laughing. He thinks he is so funny!! I am MORE than satisfied with the 3 I have right now... but who's to say that years down the road I might not want another one? I mean YEARS.... haha! I think I am just too young to say I don't want anymore kids FOREVER.... forever is a long time!

Tonight's goal is to finish everything up... get the racks together.... rubberband my clothes... probably load the car too. I have to deliver them Wednesday. Oh and we have tee ball tonight! Gonna be busy!

***Oh let me make a recommendation. Those of you that know me know I normally do not purchase anything unless I have a coupon :).... well I have found some WONDERFUL diapers that I highly recommend that do not require a coupon because they do not break your pocketbook :). My preference on diapers when they are an infant... well up to a size 2... (because they don't come any bigger)... are Pamper Swaddlers... then a 3 and up I prefer Huggies. Well Target Brand (Up N Up) have diapers that are just as good as Huggies. I had always heard that, but had never tried them until the other weekend when we went. You can get a box of 90 for $14.99 or something like that.... when I usually pay $9.99 for like 34 or 36. We were so blessed with Sophie... I still have boxes and boxes of diapers for her. I tried to stock up before her arrival and we got lots as gifts. So she is set for a LONG time :)!

OK since I didn't do it on yesterday's blog... here's this weeks menu:


Monday: hamburger steak (they were yummy... creole seasoning and some dales), broccoli and cheese, macaroni and cheese, and loaded mashed potatoes
Tuesday: Homemade vegetable soup. I helped host a shower saturday and I was responsible for the veggies... of course I bought WAY to many... and in case you haven't prepared a veggie tray lately.... it's expensive! So instead of wasting them I'll do a soup and add in some hamburger meat. I'll put it in the crockpot at lunch.
Wednesday: Chili/hot dogs.... I have had it on the menu the past couple weeks and haven't been able to do it yet
Thursday: breakfast. Grits, biscuit, eggs, sausage, etc.
Friday: I leave open for discussion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment