Sunday, February 6, 2011

Another Weekend Gone?!?!?!?

It honestly seems like the weekends fly by so much faster than any other time. I haven't figured out why yet.

Kyle worked all day Saturday and all day Sunday. So we haven't seen him much this weekend :(! And next weekend he's on call and the next he's helping with DNOW so we really won't see him much over the next few weekends.

Friday night we went to the 10th Annual Wild Game Banquet at Ino. We really had a good time. It seemed like there was a vendor in almost every room in the Family Life Center.... and what I heard from the speaker, he was awesome! The weather was cold and sooo nasty.... thankfully Sophie stayed with my sweet friend, Hayley. So we left the banquet early to go get her. I think they both had a good time :)!! That was the first time someone besides a grandparent kept her.

Anyway.... here are a couple pictures of the amazing Lion from the WGB. Karter wasn't sure about him at first, but once his big sister showed him how brave she was, he warmed up fast.




If you've never been to a WGB, I highly recommend going.

Anyway... Heidi stayed with my mom and Tyler Friday night. It was already in the plan because Kyle and I were going to go to Dothan Saturday to make up for my birthday weekend, but that obviously didn't happen..... he found out he had to work after we had it all planned, but I let Heidi stay anyway. Saturday morning I took Karter to get a haircut.... he needed one desperately. Cindy watched Soph while I took him... then I took him to dads because he already had it in the plan to take Karter with him to Elba to eat and then go Armadillo hunting. That changed because Karter was enjoying his mommy time.... so he ended up coming back home with me. We had a very nice day!! Sophie and Karter took a very long nap.... and I was able to get ALL the ironing done. And of course I washed like 5 loads of laundry... and I now have a good 3 or 4 that I could wash tomorrow.

I almost forgot.... here are some pictures from the other night.... Kyle accidentally fell backwards in the blue recliner.... and Karter immediately ran over to him and tried his hardest to pull him up, then he'd run to the front and try to push him back down. It's amazing to me how the brain of a male child and female child are wired so differently. Heidi just sat there and laughed (as was I)... but Karter saw the "manly" need and ran right to it.






This was Saturday afternoon..... Karter LOVES the book, Llama Mama. Amanda got it for Heidi for Christmas and Karter reads it more than Heidi. We read it and read it and read it... and then he sits and "reads" it.



That evening after Kyle got home, we went to my dads and celebrated my Grandmama's Birthday. It was fun, but tiring for me for some reason?!?!?!?! I really think my iron is low again because I stay tired it seems.

Here are some pictures of the evening: (Oh and of course Heidi had to stay there too.... she said she was staying wherever KyKy was staying *L*)



I really think Heidi uses the computer better than I do. It's amazing what all she can do on it.











Grandmama got a new game, Farkle, for her birthday. Apparently it's pretty fun and funny. I didn't play since I had to watch the kiddos.... but they were laughing almost the entire time.


Tyler took this picture with his phone (I'm so jealous of his camera on his phone.... my blackberry camera takes pretty crappy pictures... his takes AWESOME pictures). I LOVE this picture though. May be worth framing.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMAMA!!!!


Big thumbs up!!

This morning I made it to church with the two babies.... two kids is a breeze *L*! But by the time I walk in the church holding Sophie, Karter, diaper bag, his bag, my purse, my Bible, and the Sunday School book.... I felt like I had a good workout.

Anyway... after church we went and ate Chinese and then the big kids went to the Pond with my dad and Tyler and road the 4 wheeler and stuff. Here are some pictures of Sophie Lynne at church tonight and some of the kiddos today at the pond:


Drake wanted her flower so bad!!


She loves wearing glasses. I bought her a couple pair last year at Christmas that didn't have a prescription in them, but of course she doesn't know where they are.

Sadie had to sit by Kman since the 4wheeler was in the back. I think he enjoyed that as much as she did :)!


I'm not sure what they are looking at here, but they sure are studying something.


While they went to the pond, Sophie and I stayed home and she slept in my arms all afternoon. We stayed on the couch until time to get ready for church and watched "Ramona and Beezus". I highly recommend that movie. It's a great family movie. I laughed a lot during it and cried some.

So anyway.... here's Kyle and the girls watching it. I'm going to mail it back tomorrow, but I really think it's a movie that I'm going to invest in and add to our collection.
We don't really have a lot planned this week. Dance tomorrow as usual... and then towards the end of the week, I'll cook supper and take to a friend that had a baby. Oh and my Sophie girl got on her hands and knees today and rocked.... so it won't be long before she's crawling everywhere :(! Once they start crawling, the "babiness" seems to fade faster and faster.

Anyway.... have a good night and a good week!! Make the most of today... you don't know what tomorrow holds. I'm trying to learn to live that way again :)!

1 comment:

  1. Mk got Mama llama for Christmas too!! We've read it 1000000 times!

    ReplyDelete