Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Who am I?




Who am I???

I am Toyia Leigh Wyatt Colquett. I am a child of God. I am a mother, daughter, friend. I am human. I am YOURS!!!

If you missed the service this past Sunday at Ino Baptist Church, you missed a good one. It was powerful and I felt like it was directed right at me. We had someone give a short testimony and then sing, "Who Am I" while a beautiful lady did the signing to the song..... absolutely amazing! One of those moments where you get goosebumps all over. I've heard the song a thousand times, but it never hit me the way it did Sunday. And Brother Garry's message was about the exact same thing. I knew God was speaking to me.

But by them singing that song, and by brother Garry's message, I realized.... I am my own person. I am sorry that I hurt someone's feelings. It's going to happen in life whether I mean for it to or not. Words can be interpreted anyway the reader wants to interpret them whether the writer meant that or not. It is easy to misinterpret an email, text, letter, facebook message, and even a blog post. But I decided this blog of mine isn't for everyone else.... it's for me. So why let it get me down so much that I completely stop doing what I love? Blogging is my absolute escape. It's a great way for me to look back on things that ordinarily, I wouldn't have anything to look back on. It's MY journal. It's MY life.

Although I was deeply hurt and disturbed by the way my post was translated, I'm moving on. If I completely stop blogging because of it, then I'll always have it hanging over my head... and the reason I stopped blogging. This way.... maybe I'll move on. Although I do have to thank those of you that have begged (Drew *S*) and asked me to blog again..... for my return.

I am very grateful for the singing and preaching Sunday.... it opened my eyes in a way that they so badly needed opening. I have been walking day in and out for a while now with a dark cloud over my head.... and I'm so ready to walk out from under it and be "sunshine" (As DB calls me) again. Life throws all of us a ton of curves..... we all just handle them differently. I may look at your situation and think... what's the big deal??? As you may look at mine and think the same thing. But to me IT IS a BIG deal... and to you it is a big deal.

So I said all of that to let you know that I AM who I AM... and I am glad the blogging strike is over! :)

I hope "Who Am I" by Casting Crowns touches you the way it did me Sunday.

And a point to ponder on: If someone were to "pull back" your coat.... WHO would they really see inside? And... side note.... in case you were wondering.... a glazed Krispy Kreme donut with chocolate icing is 250 calories :)!

1 comment:

  1. Toyia, I am so glad that you didn't let this get you down and that you have decided to keep blogging. You are so right that you do this for you and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you allowing others to be able to read it and learn from you about how you handle your life with a husband, 3 young children, a full time job and a full time devotion to your faith. You are an awesome role model.

    ReplyDelete