Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Day Off.....


The kiddos were watching the Garbage Truck go by *L*!


You know.... I just had to get a picture up close before all of the diapers ran out :)!
We of course had a FABULOUS day!! As you know, this is my dream job. I look forward to a day off all the time just to be able to stay at home with the kiddos. We all get to enjoy one another... play.... take pictures *L*.... it's so nice!


Sophie really started moving yesterday.... and pulling up on things. She wanted to bad before she got to crawling.... but she wasn't brave enough.

Anytime I go to change Soph, we all go :)!!! And he loves to play on either bed.... throw all the DVDs in the floor.... etc..... Heidi still calls him our "Karter Tornado"! She even told me yesterday that we should have named him Myles Karter Tornado Colquett *haha*!! Oh and she wishes her name was Emily!!


She is such a sweet heart. It's 12:30 am and I am up with Soph.... why??? She has been in and out of consciousness since about 10:30 and I really think it's because of Karter. We got the bright idea to try him in Heidi's big bed.... not so bright!! He coughs every 60 seconds it seems and I guess it's disturbing Soph. He of course has already been up once.... crying... which also woke her up... but she didn't have to get up... she just got her paci and went back to sleep.

So bigger bed...... didn't solve the problem... or it could I guess.... but he's waking the baby up in the mean time and we don't want that....

she's too cute to disturb :)

Karter kept telling me "Sophie Sit"... and he'd pat in front of him. So I put her on the bed with him and she thought it was the best thing since mashed potatoes *L*! She crawled up to that railing like she had done it 1,000 times. She just sat there and poked her legs through the rails and kicked her feet *L*!!!

He didn't want her socks on though.....


He finally got them both off!!
But I put them right back on :)!

His "cheesin" smile.

Okay so Sophie was playing with Heidi in the floor... and Karter wanted in the bed. Well I needed to put the sheets in the washer.... so it should be safe for him to get in the baby bed... right?? WRONG!! He could lean over and reach the basket with Sophie's diapers AND her monitor with the chords.

Here's my little Diva Child. She is constantly telling me things like, "You shouldn't wear that shirt... or those pants don't look right.... you need to put on makeup.... etc" So she brought these giganto earrings home from Meme's and wanted to wear them.


Karter thought he needed to check on Sophie's bumbo tray seat.

We took their blankets to Kids World to save me an armload this morning. I always try to do that on the day I am off.... and especially if they need diapers or wipes there too.

Last night we just played for a long time.... and Kyle and Karter had to go get the spreader from Jonathan & Amanda's and take to the farm. I think Karter shocked Kyle and ended up wanting to stay with Amanda.... so he did and Jonathan and Kyle went and did the running.

Here's my sweet picture text:

Karter kept telling Kyle to sit on this riding toy... and he wouldn't.... so I hopped up there.... well then Karter wanted to ride too and of course wanted me off :)!


Whoa Nelly.....


Then everybody had to take turns :)!
So as you can see my day off was just like I wanted it to be. Fabulouso! I wished so badly that I could do that every day. But I can't right now.... so I am just going to enjoy each and every day that I get the opportunity to spend with them.

****Now I am going to go put Soph back in her bed.... and I think move Karter back to his.... which means it's now 12:53am.... so he'll run to our room probably 2 more times before time to get up.

******I had to come in and edit this post... it's now 1:27 am and I am rocking Karter Man. He woke up right before I got up to lay Sophie down. Fun times!!!! ha!! But hey.... one day I know that I will miss these sleepless nights.... some of you may not, but I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment