Sunday, February 20, 2011

Long Weekend

Whew.... I am so glad this is a long weekend and I am off today. I'm tired and the day just started! I don't know what we are going to do about Karter sleeping. Finally at 4:30 Kyle put him in the bed with him and I was still rocking Sophie. I got up with Karter 3 times last night and Kyle got up with him once. If I wasn't concerned about him waking Sophie up, we'd put him back in his bed and let him "cry it out". But Sophie has been sleeping all night for a couple weeks now... which is why we have started taking turns getting up with Karter. I think though we are going to try that tonight. I'll just pull Sophie's door too and we'll see how it goes. We have that monitor for her that detects motion (heart beat).. and if it doesn't feel one for it's either 10 or 15 seconds, it alarms you.... so I am okay with pulling her door to. Any suggestions with Karter would be appreciated.

Here's my smiling baby girl!!



My sweet girls

Kyle had DNOW all weekend... so I had the kiddos to my self. Friday night Heidi stayed with Meme. Shelly Kate and Miley Grace stayed too.... so they had a girls night.

Karter didn't sleep well Friday night... so anyway I had gotten up with him early and then he went back down for a "nap" before Sophie even woke up.... so I enjoyed some time with her... then she went back to sleep before he woke up... .so I got some one on one with him.

Here's precious:
And Saturday morning she mastered crawling. She's by no means a speed demon yet.... but she does have it down!! She does a weird thing with her back right leg.... and I forgot how once they start crawling, they notice every small piece of paper that I didn't even realize was down there.


Karter was playing with his horses, truck and trailor.... and of course he was "vrooming" haha.




He looks mad here, but he wasn't... He had been playing "Where's Karter" with the quilt.


Then sweet Doll Baby (as my mom calls her) woke up.... so Karter just HAD to get in the bed with her :)!!! She didn't mind.



Giving her sugars....









Then that afternoon we rode out to the Messer's to ride 4wheelers, the gold cart, and the mule. The girls helped me drive up their drive way.





Sophie thought she was something else!!!




Everyone getting ready.... we had so much fun.... from the mouth of Hank.... "I didn't know we was going to have THIS much fun" haha!









My mom kept Ariyon this weekend. Her sweet parents had a weekend getaway to the beach. Ariyon is such a polite, sweet young girl.

She actually drove me and Sophie on the golf cart.




Karter of course was all about it!



Then we went to the Flowing Well.... the kids LOVED that.



My Beautiful Heidi!!

The water was Ice Cold!!!!










Babee and Little Tiny!

I LOVE this picture of Hank and Heidi.

Mama, Me, and Soph

KyKy, Soph, Me, Abby, and Mama

And here's the crew :)!!





Haha... Sophie just HAD to have Heidi's Capri Sun! She acted like she knew what she was doing anyway....



Karter finally crashed on the ride back.... so he got int he Mule with Babee.



So we stuck him in the back of my car snoozing. No worries... we just drove to my Aunt Becky's.... she lives right up the road.


Soph helped me drive again.... Hank and Heidi rode with Abby on "Big Red" over there.

Sophie got sooo sleepy. she played for a while... then spit up on all her clothes... haha...

Karter was in the best mood when he woke up.... he got a little rosy from the 4 wheeler.


We had yummy hamburgers, deer burgers, hotdogs, and hot apple pie with ice cream!! Yummo!




Look at these pretty eyes.... :)


She FINALLY gave it up! And she didn't wake up from here until Sunday morning.


Meme came to the house at about 7:45 Sunday morning to help us get things together for church. The big kiddos were in my bed while I was in the bathroom getting ready. I like that picture of Heidi bouncing :)!



Final products: :)



And then we got Chinese for lunch......

Yesterday afternoon we chilled for a little while inside, but then went outside until it was time to get ready for church. The kids played and played and played. Kyle washed my car and I entertained the kiddos and cleaned out the inside. Sophie Lynne slept all afternoon.



I like the picture of Josh and Karter.



The kiddos helped wash too.


Karter was BEYOND sleepy. I thought the golf cart ride would put him to sleep... but it didn't. Maybe that's why he didn't sleep last night. The only nap he got was on the way to church and there... so maybe it just wasn't a "good" nap.



Making his Papa proud.... already into Motorcycles.



He pretty much went all weekend without his paci.... but he was so ill yesterday and sleepy, that I let him have it.... hopefully one day soon we can give it to the horses.




Since Kyle was at DNOW all weekend... he missed Sophie's initial crawling. So she did it some in the bedroom for him :)!


Sophie kept turning around and looking at me, but of course when I tried to take the picture she turned back around. That baby girl loves her Mommy!!


Playing at church......





After church we came home and the kiddos ate supper. Meme came up here and told us we should come see her new mixer. So we went to their house and I love her BRIGHT yellow Kitchen-Aide :)! It's pretty cool looking.... and anyway she had made rice krispy treats.... and Sophie thought she had to have one. She did really well with it... she almost sucked it all gone!! haha!!


This video was her after the sugar rush *L*!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment