Monday, March 14, 2011

Busy, but enjoyable weekend

Whew... what a few days.

I had most of this blog done when I got up with Sophie during the night, but there are several little videos, so that takes it a while to upload... and well I didn't wake up until 7:10 this morning!! I jumped out of bed and texted Kyle's mom and asked her to please help me. I told her the door was unlocked, the kids were asleep, their clothes were laid out, and I was in the shower *L*!! Guess what.... we were running, but we made it.... and I got NO time with them :(!! I made up for it this afternoon though.

I thought I would share some pictures of Karter... and his usual morning adventures. Most mornings, he takes everything out from under the sink and "works" on something. I think he's going to be hands on like his Daddy!




Thursday afternoon, KyKy picked Heidi and Karter up from KW and took them to the park. Of course they had fun.... anything is fun with KyKy! While they did that, Kyle, Sophie, and I went to his Uncle David's house. He passed away not long after I wrote the last blog.

H & K were checking out the old pool by the park.


Loves his Sissy

Babee and KyKy gave Heidi a Hello Kitty. If you don't know, that's what she wants her party theme to be.... so she kind of got an early birthday present.

Kyle got off on time Friday too.... Surprise Surprise!! So anyway, when I got home he was outside playing with the kiddos.

Notice what Karter is carrying??? They caught a lizard!!!! YUCK!!!!

Karter did NOT want to let it go!

Can you believe my Heidi girl doesn't mind holding them? She was even playing with worms Saturday..... YUCK!!! I guess it's good to be able to wear pink and do yucky stuff.



Finally talked them into letting him go.

You can't hardly tell, but his tell ended up breaking!

Babee wasn't getting anywhere near that thing.
We then piled in the car and went to Andalusia and ate at Sonic (Heidi said "we don't ever eat at Sonic") and then Wal-Mart. Kyle had to get a new blower.

Saturday morning, Sophie woke up about 6:15.... and then Karter was up by about 6:30.... by 7:15 they were outside playing and I was on my 2nd load of laundry. Did not get finished Saturday. I washed no lie.... right at 7 loads, and have probably a good 4 or so to go.


Spending some quality time with MeMe.


"I wanna push.... I wanna push"

Sophie LOVED the swings.





She absolutely loves her little swing too!!





Karter's just a playing... and Babee's wheels are turning *L*!! She is constantly thinking of something *haha*! She said the swing was crooked, so she was trying to figure out how to make it straight.




Soph liked the trampoline too! Check her spikey hair out :)







They had so much fun with the pink car :)




Saturday starting about 4:30, we had some friends over for supper. It was so nice!! Just always nice to fellowship

We grilled chicken.... super yummy, corn on the cob, and Kyle helped me take the asparagus and wrap it in bacon and back them for about 45 minutes with just brown sugar and cinnamon.




Brayden had him a good time!!


Tiffany and April



Tad and Kayla and of course Sophie Lynne


Trey and Thomas



Karter Man was super attached to MeMe this weekend.


I tell you... Sophie Colquett loves to ride the pink car. Karter never did like the noise. It always scared him. But Soph hangs her arm over the window and just rides and chills.


"Here Comes the Bride..... Here Comes the Bride....."





Sunday morning of course Kyle got called in to go work the Abbeville store.... he got the call about 7:15. It's Sunday right??? Never fails... he will almost always get called out on Sunday. So anyway we had his Uncle's funeral at 2:30. We went to that, the graveside.... by the way Kyle did Awesome on the prayer..... and from there we got Karter (he had been snoozing) and went to the FBC fellowship hall to eat. It was nice, but we didn't get out in time to go to church. :( We missed The Hope and I really wanted to hear them.

So anyway.... I got adventurous and did the rope swing. I should have known Kyle would see that and run over there and sling me.... and yep.... he took advantage!!!





The girls.....


I got a wild hair to drive the girls around. It was fun. They thought it was funny!!! We ended up driving all the way to Meme's.


Then Karter figured out how to do it and he drove and drove and drove..... it was pretty funny I might add!!!


Cindy was saying how she can just tear up picturing Karter driving Heidi during the Homecoming Parade or something.


He's already got the slump down and the tongue out! He's good to go *L*!





MeMe got in some Sophie time!


My handsome hubby!!!

Just a little fight....


KyKy came over to get P90X. He didn't realize I had given it back. So he stayed and played for a few minutes before heading back to Troy.


Me and Lil Tiny



I'm constantly reminding her that she is ONLY 8 months old *L*!! She wants to keep up with the big kids so bad she can hardly stand it.





Oh and she has a ring worm on her back. That's one of the reasons Kyle HATES cats. They are all around our neighborhood, so of course from Spring-Summer we usually all end up getting at least one. I just didn't realize Sophie could get one and none of us have it.

In the 3rd pictures, she is swinging her arms... Tyler just caught it at the right time.




Randy, Kent, and Kyle.... talking about something productive I'm sure.


Josh and Karter Man


I just enjoy sitting back and secretively watching Karter.... and how his mind works.


KyKy was emailing me the pictures


Oh how I love my babies!!


Last night we just hung out and played!!


Being silly


Enjoy the videos.... they are pretty funny to me. They didn't know I was recording them.... and as you can tell Karter puts up a good fight!!


anyway.... I am soooo tired. Gonna hit the sack so hopefully I'll get up earlier in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment