Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sophie Lynne Colquett- 8 months old


My sweet Soph turned 8 months old on Saturday!!

By the time it hit me that it was her "Birthday", she was super sleepy and was in no mood for pictures.... so I thought I'd just take some Sunday.... I mean what would 1 day hurt... right?





I thought this would be an interesting way to try to do it since she insisted on standing and not sitting.... but that didn't work to well either :)

What all is going on in Sophie's World:

*She is still wearing a size 1-2 Pampers Swaddler
*Drinks 6 oz at a time
*Is on the Parent's Choice Enfamil Lipil AR Formula
*Takes a paci when she is tired
* Most of her 3-6 month pants still fall off of her. I do have a couple size 6-12 month that I'll put on her, and just roll down so she can at least wear them.
*She has gotten to wear she doesn't like to wear her headband and flower/bow :( she pulls it off every time.
*Still wears her pearl bracelet everyday
*Generally has a bottle when she first wakes up, eats oatmeal or cereal for breakfast, have a bottle about an hour and a half later and then for lunch she'll usually only eat 1/2 and 1/2 of a veggie/meat mixed and a fruit. She'll have a bottle about mid afternoon.... and then for supper she almost always eats yogurt and a veggie/meat. She'll usually eat all of the yogurt but only 1/2 of the other.
*Still wears a size 1 shoe... although they sometimes slide right off
*Crawls everywhere..... she has an "odd" crawl. She sticks her right leg out... but I guess whatever you gotta do *L*!
* Love to get a bath
*HATES to get her diaper changed and/or clothes changed


~It is so hard to believe she will be 12 months old in only 4 months. Where did the time go? These past 8 months have been the biggest challenge I have faced thus far as a mom... I realize there are many more to come, but right now in our lives.... they have been the biggest. With Sophie and Karter getting older it does seem to be getting easier and easier. Sunday night when I went to lay her down for the night, she looked so peaceful in my arms... so innocent... reminded me so quickly that she IS a gift from God. I teared up thinking at how much our lives had changed this past year.... and I keep reminding myself how blessed I am to have 3 beautiful, healthy kids.

Sophie has lit up my World in a way that I never expected. She has made me realize how precious the small things in life really are... the unexpected small things. I thank God for her and I often apologize to Him for the way my attitude was about having her. I feel so guilty for feeling the way I did when I found out we were going to have another baby so soon. Although I can't take that back, I can change how I deal with tomorrow.... and I just chose to do the best I can and try to enjoy each moment...... every moment is a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment