Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Desperation

I owe this blog to Gunter Akridge. He spoke at one of Ino's Prayer Breakfast sometime last year on Desperation.

As many of you know, Opp Elementary School was under a threat yesterday. At the time, even the school teachers didn't know what was happening. All I knew was that I received a phone call telling me that 5 police cars went to OES because there was a gunman there and they had the school on lock down. I immediately began praying. My heart sunk. I was DESPERATE!!! I was pleading to God for everything and everyone to be okay. Then we went to wtvy.com and they had a news flash of possible shots fired at OES. I then became much more desperate.

I called my mom at OMS and they were under lock down too and really didn't know what was going on at the time. I think many of us were desperate for God then. Thankfully there was no gunman, no shots fired, and everyone was okay.

But it got me to thinking. I talk to God everyday, but as Gunter said, God wants us to be desperate for him all the time. I don't just cry out to God unless I am in a desperate situation it seems. All i could think about yesterday was my best friend and her kindergarten class, and everyone else that I knew at OES and how quickly something can happen. God was in control the whole time.... but I wonder how many people, just like I did..... were desperate for his call!?!?

And then last night I got word that Brittany Shepard Pugh and her one year old son died in a head on collision. I don't even know Brittany, but many of my friends did. She went to school at Troy and all my teacher friends had classes with her. I looked her up on facebook and was looking at all her pictures .... and my heart broke. I didn't know this person, but I wanted to cry. I was pleading to God to be with her family. To be with her husband. He lost his wife and only child all in one night. I was desperate for God to give them strength. I was desperate to God to take care of her family. And it got me to thinking at how I would be if I lost Kyle and my children all in one day. I have thought about this family all night and all morning. God hears my plea!!

**Just remember.... life is short.... real short. Enjoy every day you have. Be desperate for God everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment