Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kyle's Sick Uncle David

Well it's 9:42pm and Kyle still isn't home. He called me about 4:30 today and said, "It's Wednesday".... I was like yeah.... and???? He said, "I have to go to Hartford to fix something in that store". Every Wednesday it seems the devil has some store call in late with a problem. We knew right then that we wouldn't be able to go to church tonight. It's a lot on me to get the kids from daycare when I get off, get them supper, bathed, etc... and make it to church.

I talked to him about 15 minutes later and his dad had called him and told him that his Uncle David, his Grandaddy's brother (the one that passed away a few weeks after Sophie was born), wasn't expected to make it through the night. He has had several medical issues recently and has been at Flower's Hospital. SO once Kyle got finished with the Hartford store (about 6:30) he went to see him.

It reminded him a lot of seeing his Grandmother when she was in the hospital. His heart rate would drop, and as soon as someone would talk.... his heart rate would speed up. He said when he would "come to" he would talk about being with Morgan (Grandaddy) and riding the tractor or going finish with somebody named Doyle.... and catching big fish.... he would say there are big fish in Heaven. I am sure Mr Colquett and David are about to have them self a Hallelujah time once they are reunited.

Here is a picture of Karter and Grandaddy Colquett 4 days before Sophie was born... so only a few weeks before his death. Karter was 14 months old here.... and of course not walking *L*! Such sweet memories. Kyle said that was the hardest part about seeing David tonight.... just the memories he has of David and Mr Colquett.

So the kids and I hung out at the house!! Heidi Leigh said my boots fit her :)!!


Sophie was getting a little fussy.... so I stuck her in the sink like I usually do when I'm alone(it's just easier for me to be able to put the dishes away, clean the kitchen, and usually wash bottles). Heidi just voluntarily got the stool and said she was going to bathe Sophie. I thought that was very thoughtful. She's such a good Big Sister.



They then shared just a wee little bit of popcorn. She only shared because she had to *L*!

After baths we were playing in the girls' room and while everyone was content, I decided to come wash bottles... about that time MeMe came in. So she hung out with us the rest of the night. We tried to straighten the playroom some.... all the while talking about how sentimental some of the stuff is. There are some things of her boys that she wishes she still had. So of course I want to make sure I keep the important things.

Oh we were under a tornado warning most of the morning... and anyway when I got home from work, Heidi said that they took a nap in the hall. She and Karter did she said! I can just picture all those kiddos cuddled up in the halls.

Anyway..... lunch tomorrow with Meredith and supper with the Ellisons! Looking forward to both.

No comments:

Post a Comment