Friday, November 11, 2011

The Reason I Stay In My Colquett 5 "Shell"

So most of you that are close to me know that I very seldom watch the news. If I know anything that goes on in the "outside" world it is usually because someone has told me..... my mom even messages me the weather every morning *L*!! I used to watch the news every morning, but since Karter and Sophie came along, that all stopped.... and I really haven't missed it.

Well Wednesday we watched the 10:00 local news. Just from watching that I found out that a boy (I forget where he was from.... but couldn't have been far) killed his mother and father because he was tired of them staying on him. Really??? OMG!!! How horrible? That made me sick to my stomach. And also learned that there was a Doctor that worked at Southeast that brutally beat his wife and was on like a 3 month community workers program and now has been released and is practicing in Troy now. Seriously????? And they also showed some lawyer that has been running from the law and was caught in Dothan.

Well that was all enough for me. I went to work yesterday telling them that that was the exact reason that I like to stay in my Colquett 5 bubble. I don't like to know about all of those evil things that are happening. I know those thins happen, but I am okay without hearing it or seeing it. I know this world is coming to a fast end. It has to be.

Then yesterday at lunch.... you know me.... Kyle was setting up his tree stand so I came home and "worked" *L*!! I folded two loads of laundry, washed one, washed the dishes, and ironed until I had to leave. While I was ironing, I watched HLN News. Well that was talking about the Penn State Coach that is under molestation charges. How horrible??? How stinking horrible? And then there was a video of a dad beating his daughter with a belt. I later found out that was a judge somewhere. I most definitely agree with punishing your children for wrong doings. How will they learn? It used to break my heart when my brother would get in trouble, but now as a mom I understand the importance of teaching our children right from wrong. I agree with whoopings, but not beatings. I also struggled with the video because why video it? Who thought to set the video camera up and then why release it 7 years later?

So anyway.... all of those are reasons why I choose to just find things out if someone tells me. My heart can't handle it.

Oh and in case you are wondering how I am able to blog this morning.... yep you guessed it.... banks are closed today :)!!! WHOO HOOOOOO!!!! Love spending time with my hubby and kiddos. It's gonna be an awesome day.

Here are some random pictures for you to enjoy :

Yesterday we partied for my CFO's birthday. I made Paula Deen's Gorilla Bread and Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip... both thanks to Pinterest :)!!!

Here's what was left of the yummy bread:





Even Kyle liked this dip which completely shocked me because it has cream cheese in it:


KyKy sent me a text and told me that when he got this in the mail (letter Heidi wrote him) it completely made his day. She will randomly write KyKy letters and have me mail them :)!! I think it is incredibly sweet.
After school yesterday, Heidi and Kyle came to visit me and get a snack :)!! Heidi took a piece of my adding machine tape and wrote her first name going down. Well we have been working on her last name, but she just hadn't nailed it yet.... well guess what???? She did yesterday :)!! She wrote it with NO help!!! That called for a 2 handed high five :)!!!

Whew.... Little Tiny has to be teething. She has been so cranky and has had a few runny diapers. Last night we had to read "Llama Llama Red Pajama" a few times before she called it a night *L*!! They LOVE the Llama Llama series books thanks to Amanda.Anyway.... I hope you all have a fabulous weekend. Remember..... it is what you make it. Enjoy the time you have!! Always put God first and I promise he will help you through.

No comments:

Post a Comment