Monday, November 14, 2011

What A Day!!!!!

You ever just have a day where your body aches and all you can say is.... "WHAT A DAY???" Well today was one of those days. You know people like to joke about "banking hours"?? Well that's a joke. We definitely pay for being off on holidays. Today was the day after a holiday, the huge statement drop, had a teller call in sick, another teller had to take her sweet baby to the doctor, had some issues with some other things, and 22 runs of work to balance. Now 22 runs is A LOT.... normally a lot is at the most like 15 or 16. My manager started helping me balance the work and thankfully by working together, we got finished and I got home at 5:40.

Of course Kyle knew what a day I had had and he is such an angel. He and Karter Man took me to lunch today... and then he had the kiddos supper ready when I got home and had them eating and homework was done. All hunky dory right???? WRONG!!! Karter and Sophie were fussing because they didn't want to touch while sitting beside each other. And then they fussed over something else.. and finally I said bath time *L*!! Karter stayed with his Daddy today and didn't get a nap. And they ALL got sooo mad in the tub.... all 3 crying and whining and fussing. Our tub is getting smaller and smaller for all 3 :(!! Makes me sad. Anyway.... Heidi wanted to stay with Babee tonight. So Kyle took Heidi out there and the babies road too. Sophie went to sleep and then I rocked Kman when they got home :)!! Put a special ending to my day.

Anyways..... "Mama said there'd be days like this... there'd be days like this my mama said" *L*!! We all are destined to have a rough day every now and then.

Thought I'd share some pictures since I let you down and didn't do a weekend post.

This is actually from last Thursday night. Nana and Heidi went shopping for Operation Christmas Child with the Shoebox Ministries and we helped put them all together :)!! What a wonderful way to show our children and teach them that we need to help those that aren't as fortunate.




*** Commercial Break..... I am watching "The Sing Off" and these people are so unbelievably talented. It is amazing me *** (I also love that Nick Lachey is the host *wink wink*)

Anyway.... gonna do things a little backwards... start off with todays stuff and then go from there. I took the babies to school this morning and Heidi to school as usual. Well when we got in the car, Karter told Sissy that he was staying with his Daddy today and when we got to daycare, he told me that he wasn't going in *L*!! He didn't put up a fuss, but he would have just rathered stayed home. Anyway... I told Kyle and it broke his heart, so he went and got him and sent me this picture *L*!!





Yes.... he lets Karter sit up front in his truck... big No No for Mommy!!! Kyle said when they were going to get Heidi that he was putting Karter in the back and he said that Sissy could sit in the back *L*!!

Anyway... they came and got me for lunch and we went to yummy Benton's!! Karter had this writing all over his hand/arm.... he told me it said "Daddy" *L*!! Kyle said he told him he didn't do it... so he got in trouble. Karter's new thing is "I not mean to" when he thinks he's going to get in trouble... he knows it gets to Momma's heart ;)!!

My sweet little lunch date!!!!
Kyle said that the Toy Story book "fell off the shelf" and hit Karter in the head and *L* Karter said that "Buzz did it" (whining of course).... those of you that aren't familiar with Toy Story, Buzz Light Year is one of the main characters. I have laughed and laughed. He always keeps us smiling.

Got a little hug from my sweet man too :


Kyle sent me an email that said.... "I'm getting the hang of it" and he had a picture of Heidi in pig tails. He is getting pretty good I have to say.... the part is pretty dad gum straight. You know... she thinks she has to change clothes as soon as she gets in from school.

Oh my... I really can't believe I am sharing these pictures. As you know, I was off Friday for Veterans Day (A BIG THANKS TO ALL OF THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO FIGHT FOR OUR FREEDOM!!!!) and of course I can't imagine any other way to spend it than with my sweet children and hubby. Y'all know from a few posts back that if my children ask me to play, jump, play duck duck goose, or whatever.... I'm going to do it because if not I am telling them that whatever I am doing is more important than them "needing" me at that moment. My heart can't take it!!! So... here I am in my old Jen Deb Dance Recital Point costume and a wig. WOW!! What I do for them!! HA!


Heidi was putting her and Sophie's Thanksgiving tutus to good use *L*!


And guess who visited us Friday afternoon.... yep KYKY!!! It has been a really long time since he has been able to do that. We enjoyed his company SOOOO very much. He and Amy came back to church last night and it was so hard for Heidi to say goodbye. She cried and cried and cried and cried. When we got home she said "It just breaks my heart Momma". *Sniffles*!!



Since Tyler came for the afternoon/evening, we wanted to grill and hang out. So my dad, Yana, Grandmama, and Kyle's parents came and we grilled hamburgers and had french fries... nothing fancy, but very good. The fellowship is always nice. Anyway, My Dad was playing with Kman and they were flipping I think and dads knife was hooked on his pocket (not out... but you know like most mens.... just hooked on) and anyway somehow it cut Karter's knee. Of course that was major drama with Kman.... which I am sure it was sore, but he and Kyle are trying to teach him this "tough boy" stuff ;)!!! While I am enjoying kissing the boo boos *hehe*.


I got this recipe from Pinterest. Crockpot Apples from the Skinny Chef. They were very good and even better with fattening icecream. And they smelt delish too!


Anyway.... KC went hunting Saturday morning, but being the good daddy that he is, he came home fairly early. Heidi and Kman were going to Troys Homecoming Game with My Dad and Yana and they had to leave pretty early since it was an early game. I am so thankful they get to do all of sorts of things with their grandparents. Such sweet memories are being made :)!! Little Tiny got to enjoy a day to herself with us!!! She liked it very much.

In this picture they are watching some movie on Netflix. Heidi knows exactly what to do and they watch a movie I'd say at least every other day on it.

Well we really didn't do a whole lot Saturday... until time to go to Sophie's friend, Emmie Kate's 1st birthday party. She had herself a great time. EK got a little pink car for her birthday from her Mommy and Daddy and I think Sophie is going to ask Santa to bring her one. It's for 18 months and older and Soph was all about it.



This was so funny. Soph was in EK's car and EK's Mommy was taking EK her doll when Soph spotted it, so Whit gave it to Sophie. Well EK saw Soph in her car and took off over there *L*!! EK's cousin, Bennett, was checking out the car too... well EK just piles on in there and wiggles her way in Sophie's lap... and started babbling all sorts of stuff. Just like she was telling them that this was her car and her doll *L*!!


Soph was just acting like nothing was even going on *haha*!


She loved all the "Balls"!!!


We weren't gone from the party 2 minutes and this was her:


After the party, we got Kyle's mom and headed to Elba to Bradley's Open House and ate at the Elba Oyster Bar & Grill.

Okay so some of you probably have heard of the Sock Bun Curls. Well I gave it a try.... Mission 1: Failure!! I looked like I had stuck my hair in the socket the next morning *L*!! But I'm not giving up so easily. Heidi's turned out really cute. But MeMe did hers.


Yesterday was a WONDERFUL service at Ino Baptist Church. Brother Garry is so on fire for God it isn't even funny. I am so thankful I am a part of that church family. If you aren't going anywhere, I would definitely recommend visiting us :)!!

After church and lunch, me, Cindy, and Heidi went to Southern Style's Open house. I am proud to say that I am finished with all of my Christmas shopping except for a few more things for the kids and our parents.

Anyway.... I came home and found Farmer Kyle Brown :)!!
We played in the playroom for a little while. Heidi likes to use Little Tiny as her real life doll sometimes *L*!


So as you can see... we had a simple, but fun weekend. I dreaded today all weekend *L* because I knew what to expect. It's getting to be year end at work... auditors... etc... so let the fun begin *L*!

Our lives are nothing fancy, but we like it that way. Life is short. Enjoy the time you have with the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment