Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Another ear infection....... Another copay

Kyle's mom generally cooks for us on Sundays.... the next three pictures were taken Sunday night. Heidi was doing her millionth cheer for the day and cartwheels and just out of the blue Karter started trying to flip and doing cheers with her. It was so funny and cute... but of course I didn't have my camera with me... so these were taken with my phone and they aren't real clear.

Sunday night we had an AWFUL night! Sophie woke up at 11:40 and didn't go back down until a little after 1. At 1:40 Karter woke up screaming. He cried for hours straight until the Tylenol finally kicked in. I put him back down at almost 4:00. Since he nor Soph sleep all night we just kind of have this set thing where he gets Karter and I get Sophie. A lot of nights Karter will wake up, drink his milk, and go right back to sleep.... well not Sunday night. Finally after hearing him cry (because you know us women.... it doesn't matter if the husband is up with the baby, we still hear everything going on and can't go back to sleep) for a while, I got up to see if I could help. I gave him the Tylenol, but still couldn't get him settled. I knew it was his ear because he kept pulling at it. I finally put him in our bed to see if that would calm him... well it didn't. The only way he would get calm was he would hang his body off the bed and lay his head on my chest... so then I knew he needed elevation..... so I brought him to the recliner and we rocked until he fell asleep.

Of course I called the Dr first thing and made him an appointment. He has a bad ear infection (that Dr E said looked very painful) in his left ear and a minor one in his right ear. He gave him the Rocephrin shot and an antibiotic. The shot is supposed to clear it up fast... he told Karter that we have to get him "fixed" because Mama had a newborn at home. That shot hurts BAD they say... and Karter screamed for 10 solid minutes :( BUT it seemed to have helped. It's 4:34 am and he's only been up once. Kyle got up with him... but once again I wasn't able to sleep anyway with him crying... so I got up and gave him Tylenol and he settled down.

He was trying to escape the room *haha*

Crawling under the "patient table"

He only weighed 20.14 lbs... so he had lost 11 ounces since his 15 month check up.

No comments:

Post a Comment