Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Day


Our first morning together really wasn't bad at all. Thankfully Kyle's mom came up and helped me. We'll see how it goes with just me :)! It takes longer dropping them off because they are in 3 different rooms... and I take each child to his/her room and get everything set up for breakfast so it's not a speedy process.
Heidi wore her Big Sister shirt, Karter wore his Big Brother shirt, and Sophie wore her Little Sister shirt :) It was quite cute :)
Leaving them was so much harder this time. My friend Morgan had a good point... she said it's probably because with one... you love them of course and miss them and with two it's double the love, but with three it's triple the love... so you have that much more to leave behind. I thought about them ALL DAY!!!

Going back to work was exactly like I expected. I stayed really busy playing catch up so the day really went by fast... which was good!! I'll be playing catch up for a while so maybe that'll help!

They all had a good first day back. Heidi is in preschool now and they were learning how to cut straight and curvy edges. Karter did really good. He didn't even cry when I left him this morning. I went by on my lunch break and he was asleep. Ms Jennifer said he cried for a little bit going to sleep.... just learning to be a "Big Boy" and falling to sleep on his own on the cot. Sophie did good too. When I got there at lunch she had just spit her entire bottle up Ms Lori said so she was changing her.... and we think she has Thrush.... so I'm going to call Dr E first thing this morning to check on that. I done some research on it and I'm pretty sure she has it too!

I really hope day 2 for the kiddos is as good as day 1. They were all 3 in an excellent mood when I picked them up.

My friend, Valerie, brought us supper!!! She was wonderful!! It was really nice to come home after the first day and not have to worry with dinner. I thought that was an extremely nice gester.

I guess we'll see what today holds. It's 3:19 am and I'm up with Sophie... our night started at 12:30 am with Karter waking up first. Hopefully he's finished waking up for the night... but for some reason I kind of doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment