Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy 6 year Anniversary

Kyle and I were married August 14, 2004 at 3:00 in the afternoon at Ino Baptist Church. It was an absolutely beautiful ceremony.

We started dating July 5, 2000. He BEGGED me to go out with him. Kyle and I were best friends and I did NOT want to mess that friendship up. We were such good friends that I went on several dates with he and other girls..... haha the other girls didn't like that too much... but we didn't see anything wrong with it :). He finally convinced me to give him a try.... so that I did. I really thought that come hunting season he would "let me go" like he did all his past girlfriends.... but that didn't happen.... so I started trying to find something about him that I didn't like so I could just call things off with him (bc I had never had a serious boyfriend before), but I couldn't find anything or any reason to call things off. Good thing :)

He graduated high school and moved to Orlando, FL to go to MMI (Marine Mechanic Institute). We did the long distance thing for 1 1/2 years... then it was my turn to graduate.... at that time I wanted to go into nursing... and he would have to be close to the water to pursue his career (so we thought) so he wound up in Daphne, Alabama. He proposed to me December 2003 and we were wed that next August. I commuted to the University of South Alabama and he drove to Fairhope everyday to work. We didn't just take things easy.... we jumped right on in and bought a house and everything.... we still talk about that house.... I really miss that house and wish that we could just have picked it up and moved it to Opp.





We went to Cancun, Mexico for our honeymoon and had a wonderful time. I can still remember how odd we both felt just being alone.... on a vacation.... I so badly felt like I was "supposed" to have my mom or dad with me and often felt like I "needed" them to be with me... like I didn't know what to do and I wasn't used to all that freedom all of a sudden. Somehow I survived though... and I can remember how excited I was to get back home.


I have always wanted to be a mom... and have always dreamed of being a mom and what that would be like. I talked about becoming a mom often during our first year of marriage. I can even remember calling my mom and telling her how I wanted to be one and I had it all planned out with when i would graduate, etc. Thankfully she talked some since into me and we waited. I found out I was pregnant in August 2005... due April 26, 2006.


I was so happy..... I wanted this baby so badly.... I've wanted her my whole life.





FINALLY on May 1st (5 days late) we welcomed Heidi Leigh Colquett into this world. She just did not want an April birthday. I went into labor late on Sunday April 30 and had her the morning of May 1st.

She weighed 8 lbs 6 oz and they told us she was 23 inches long but at her few day old check up she was only 19 inches long... so we're not 100% positive on the length.


When Heidi was almost 2 we started talking about a brother or sister for her. Oh how I loved my Heidi and Heidi loved me.... I just really wasn't sure if I was ready to "love" another child.... and could I??? The love I have for Heidi is so indescribable... the closeness we had was like no other.... but eventually.... I was ready. I knew that she needed a sibling and I didn't want them so far a part that they would grow up hardly knowing each other. So once again in August 2008 I found out I was pregnant and due April 20, 2009. Heidi was so excited.
Myles Karter Colquett was born via induction April 15, 2009. He weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and was 21 inches long. He is MKC III. Kyle wanted to keep the family initial tradition going... and you have to call "the boy" by his middle name. Kyle's is Matthew Kyle... which is where I got Myles from... and I wanted to call him Myles, but I didn't win that one :)!
Heidi was 2 weeks shy of her 3rd birthday when Karter joined us.

We were very content with our little family of 4.... sure one day we might would have wanted more kids, but at that time in our lives we were very happy with what we had. Well God had other plans.... I found out I was pregnant with Sophie when Karter was only 6 months old. I selfishly cried and cried and cried for weeks on end. It was so hard for me to except this gift... this unplanned gift. Finally it hit me at just how special this child was going to be.... I call her my little 1% baby :) The only reason she is here is God!! She was born June 26, 2010. She weighed 8 lbs 2 oz and was 21 1/2 inches long.


6 years later.... here is what our marriage has given us and where God has brought us....
There is absolutely nothing like being a mom.... but better than that.... there is nothing like being a wife to your high school sweet heart. Sure there has been bumps in the road, but nothing we can't handle. Sure things get stressful... my word with 3 kids can you imagine the stress level at times.... but hey you just do the best you can and move on. I often think about that July 5th day and if only Kyle had not of begged me.... oh how glad I am that he did :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary!!! Chad and I are high school sweethearts too! I think the best thing you can ever do is marry your Best Friend!! Aug 23rd. Chad and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary! Man time flies :O)

    ReplyDelete